𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , abomination

Start from the beginning

Kinsey looked between the mechanic who seemed to be ignoring him and Stiles trying to figure out what she had missed. Cars had been one thing, Chris, Victoria, and Kate hadn't got her and Allison into when they were younger, apparently, it didn't provide as much benefit as learning how to shoot arrows, learn self-defense and how to use Chinese ring daggers. It wasn't like they planned to know how to drive for the entirety of their lives.

"All I needed was a starter," Stiles complained, although she wasn't entirely sure what a starter other than in terms of meals was she assumed it was the car part that Erica had pulled out and hit him over the head with.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too."

Kinsey may not have been the most clued-up about cars but she knew what an exhaust system was and what the word "whole" meant, and it sounded like whatever the mechanic was doing was going to cost Stiles a whole lot of money. When her own car had been crushed by the Alpha at the school her insurance had been able to cover the damage so she could get a new car, but this was no Alpha's doing. This was the doing of a sixteen-year-old boy who often drove speedily through the town and occasionally went off-road in his many trips to the preserve and the Hale house. If he didn't hold so much sentiment to the Jeep she would have suggested scrapping it completely and getting a new car as soon as possible, his beloved Roscoe was on its last legs.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?"

"It's probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labor."

Both of the teenagers looked at each other with wide eyes and a slack jaw at that number, it was a whole lot steeper than Stiles had imagined and Kinsey just thought that it sounded like too big of a number for anything that wasn't a house. Fortunately, money wasn't something her family had ever seemed to worry about with the successful business of Argent arms, her uncle had managed to move them into a freaking mansion so she imagined that they were fine in that department. And with the hefty inheritance from Kate that she had heard Chris talking about was sure to set her up for life when she received it at the age of eighteen, she didn't know her mother had anything to leave her until she'd overheard that conversation after the funeral.

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't even have a catalytic convertor. And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is." Stiles sarcastically added to the end of his sentence.

"I don't." Kinsey retorted honestly with a shrug.

"You know what a limited slip differential is?" The mechanic asked as he looked between them, both of them looked at one another to see if either of them knew the answer, Stiles wasn't sure why he'd looked at Kinsey for help when she nearly every time he'd been in the car with her she had forgotten what her seatbelt was. Kinsey turned back to the mechanic and shook her head while Stiles mumbled an embarrassed "no." knowing he'd been shut up. "Yeah, could run you more like 1,500." The man added before continuing to mess with the Jeep knowing that the buzzcut-haired boy wouldn't have much to say after that.

"Okay, just finish." Stiles sighed before he began walking back to the office that they had been left in while Kinsey walked beside him. "We'll be back here seething with impotent rage." The boy complained quietly as he placed his hand on the door handle to open it but he had snatched his hand back before he'd even been able to open it. He held his hand up to the brunette to show her the clear slime-like consistency on his hand while he tried to refrain from gagging.

"Hygenic." Kinsey nodded with a curled-up lip, disgusted by the sight.

"Quality establishment you're running here!" Stiles shouted back over to the mechanic who still ignored him, but the girl couldn't really blame the man, Stiles had been like a backseat driver the entire time they were here. Constantly shouting requests to the man or warnings about what to do with his child. The boy opened the door with another sigh before wiping the slime on Kinsey's arm as she walked through the door causing her to release a gag of her own as she pulled off the flannel from around her waist to wipe it off. She didn't even trust using the tissues that were on the desk if they were from this place, everything about it screamed a health code violation.