𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 , code breaker

Start from the beginning

"Well, actually, considering that she's a woman, twice a month." Peter deadpanned as he looked at the only woman in the car with a smirk but Kinsey remained less than impressed by his comment as she pierced her eyes at him and folded her arms. Right now she wished she had the canines to kill him like Lydia would have if she had survived the wounds. Then she would have been able to get her revenge, for all of them. But despite how inappropriate his comment had been and how poorly timed he may have just had a point. If Scott lashed out every time that he got angry or when his hormones were a little too strong how would Lydia cope when she was riding the crimson wave? Or when she saw someone's uncoordinated outfit? Or if Kinsey made a poor excuse to avoid third-wheeling her and her future boyfriend? Lydia could be scary as a human but as a werewolf, she was given the power to do something with that anger. To unleash hell on the whole of Beacon Hills like Peter had probably intended when he had bitten her. Kinsey sat with a scowl on her face as she looked out of the window, refusing to entertain conversation with Peter more than they had with those three sentences. All she could think about was her family, what they thought of her for "running away" when her best friend had just been attacked in the middle of formal. Whether they'd even try finding her.

--

Chris stood across the room as he threw a vase towards his fireplace, the shards hitting the floor echoing through his home, but that hadn't been enough to express his anger as he walked up to kick its remnants into the burning fire while Kate sat on the couch watching him. Not only had his daughter's boyfriend just been revealed as the second beta they'd been searching for, but it had happened in front of Allison. Kinsey was nowhere to be seen and a girl had been attacked at the school. A girl that he knew as the friend of his daughter and niece. Allison was upstairs with her mother packing her things for a quick escape to the house in Washington, where they intended for Kinsey to go too as soon as they found her. All of them would retreat there. After almost two months of living in Beacon Hills, their time here was already over as far as Chris was concerned. In those two months, their lives had shifted beneath their feet. And now Allison knew the secret. Kinsey knew the secret. He had no doubt in his mind how they both knew it either.

"Feeling better?" Kate asked her brother who was able to hear her smirk in her words.

"Don't push me, Kate!"

"I thought it was a pretty healthy display of aggression, actually."

Chris turned with growing anger towards his little sister who didn't seem to see the severity of this situation. "You told them."

"They found out." Kate corrected but the slight laugh hadn't been convincing.

"Don't think I don't know about the clues that you've been leaving, starting with those necklaces. They know because you wanted them to know. And now Kinsey is missing."

"Because they need to," Kate yelled back. "And you're a fool if you think that Kinsey didn't know about all of this a long time ago. She's known for weeks. Maybe even months." Chris paused for a moment as he thought about that possibility. Thinking back on how his niece had been behaving. How she had gone from a girl hanging out with his daughter all the time, always home with Allison from never being seen at the house. Always seeming so secretive. Paranoid. Not to mention how close she had become with Scott, there was no way she could have spent so much time with the boy without finding out his secret. She really had known for a long time.

Kate smirked as she watched her brother realize that he hadn't kept the secret as well as he thought he had. Both of them should have known better than to think Kinsey wouldn't find out about it, even without the clues. "Why did you come back here? You hate this town." Chris asked as he changed the subject. "And don't even tell me it was for your daughter, we both know that's not why. I had a network of names I could've called a lot closer than you. But you called first."