C H A P T E R 6 7

— • —

Chapter 67: A Life for A Life, Part 5

The once serene atmosphere within the floating palace was now suffused with an ominous black energy, crackling with volatile power. The former Mount Hua Peak Master and Liu Xiao's grandpa attempted to advance, but they were forcefully repelled by a surge of unseen force. Frustration etched across their faces as they struggled against the relentless onslaught.

"This is dire!" the former Mount Hua Peak Master exclaimed through clenched teeth, his voice strained with urgency. "Wu Qingge's slowly self-destructing!"

Liu Xiao's grandpa snapped at him. "YA BASTARD, WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

The former Mount Hua Peak Master replied, "MY BLACK LOTUS CULTIVATION HAS A FLAW THAT I HATE!!!"

Liu Xiao's grandpa's face soured. "WHAT FLAW?! WHAT IS THE FLAW?!!!"

"THE MORE I USE MY QI, THE MORE I'LL LOSE MY HUMANITY!"

Liu Xiao's grandpa turned shocked. "WHAT THE FUCK, OLD BASTARD, DID YOU TELL IT TO HIM BEFOREHAND?!"

The Former Mount Hua Peak Master: "OF COURSE, I TOLD HIM BEFOREHAND! YOU THINK I'LL MAKE A CONTRACT CARELESSLY?!"

Liu Xiao's grandpa: "THEN WHY DID HE WENT BERSERK?!!!"

Former Mount Hua Peak Master: "IT'S LITTLE XIAO! IT'S BECAUSE OF THAT YOUNG BOY!"

Mo Xian sat in a daze, his gaze fixed on the chaos unfolding before him, yet his body felt heavy and devoid of strength. The swirling vortex of black and purple energy ascended ominously, casting an eerie glow across the scene. Above, the massive round gate of the underworld fractured and crumbled, its crimson waters churning in disarray.

In his haze, Mo Xian pieced together fragments of understanding. He recognized the young boy, Shi Xuan, whom Liu Xiao had brought to Mount Hua Peak—it was him all along. And someone, against all odds, had managed to tether Wu Qingge to his humanity. That someone was none other than Liu Xiao.

It dawned on Mo Xian that Wu Qingge had initially undertaken the contract to serve and protect Liu Xiao. The flaw of the Black Lotus lay in its pursuit devoid of purpose, a path that inevitably led to the loss of one's humanity. Despite his initial resentment toward Liu Xiao, Mo Xian couldn't deny the admiration brewing within him. Beneath Liu Xiao's cold exterior lay a kindness, a foolishness, and an endearing charm. The more Mo Xian came to know him, the deeper his affection grew, gradually dispelling the darkness within him.

Trapped within the confines of the underworld realm, Mo Xian's thoughts were consumed by Liu Xiao. He wondered if Liu Xiao, too, longed for him and if he yearned for their reunion as fervently as Mo Xian did. The mere image of Liu Xiao's tears stirred something deep within Mo Xian—an insatiable desire, an unyielding obsession. He fantasized about the touch of Liu Xiao's lips and the vulnerability in his trembling form, envisioning a moment when their souls intertwined in a passionate embrace.

When Wu Qingge laid eyes on Liu Xiao outside the gambling house in the Yong'an Empire, he couldn't believe the transformation. Liu Xiao had become even more exquisite, his features refined and delicate. Those soul-piercing hazel eyes, the slender nose, and those lips—oh, how kissable they appeared. The mark on his forehead added to his allure, and his complexion seemed to glow with an ethereal radiance.

But Wu Qingge dared not reveal himself. He assumed the guise of Shi Xuan, unable to muster the courage to face Liu Xiao directly. Even the thought of speaking to him filled him with dread, fearing Liu Xiao's wrathful reaction.