C H A P T E R 1 1

— • —

Chapter 11: The Battle Between a Flower and a Fairy

In the novel "Wu Qingge," the protagonist is an orphan. Before his discipleship at Mount Hua Peak, he endured a life of begging within the Wan Rong Empire, scrounging for scraps of food to satiate his hunger.

As he matured into a diligent teenager, a kind-hearted restaurateur took him in, providing food, clothing, and shelter. In return, Wu Qingge dedicated himself to assisting with the business, serving patrons from all walks of life, maintaining cleanliness, and managing the restaurant's finances.

During his tenure at the restaurant, he forged a friendship with a young noblewoman named Shan Ling after rescuing her from assailants. Despite her youth, Shan Ling's beauty was unparalleled, and she possessed a sweet and kind disposition.

Following the rescue, Shan Ling frequented the restaurant to aid Wu Qingge in his duties. However, their camaraderie came under threat when Shan Ling's fiancé discovered their association and orchestrated the restaurant's financial ruin, imposing exorbitant fees.

The stress proved too much for Wu Qingge's adoptive grandfather and restaurant owner, who passed away prematurely. Facing destitution once more, Wu Qingge found solace in his late grandfather's parting gift—a permit letter granting him entry to Mount Hua Peak.

He felt immense gratitude towards the elder, who had provided him with a new perspective on life. Following his departure from the Wan Rong Empire, Wu Qingge and Shan Ling never crossed paths again.

And now, who knew that she would appear here? This is not even mentioned in the novel. I'm not sure if I should trust the arranged events of the novel anymore because they become messed up. (╥﹏╥)

Chen Yi, seated beside Peak Master Mo Xian, arched her eyebrows and gazed down at Shan Ling with an air of superiority. She drummed her fingers on the arm of the chair before rising slowly and making her way down to the arena. As Chen Yi entered the arena, a cacophony of wild cheers and whistles erupted.

"It's Chen Yi! The autumn fairy!"

"She was ranked eighth on the list! How amazing!"

"Her figure and face are so beautiful and elegant, but Shan Ling is also different."

"Wow! A battle between a flower and a fairy!"

"I bet 70 Ling shi (spiritual stones) for Chen Yi!"

"I bet 300 Ling Shi for Shan Ling!"

"I bet $500 for Shan Ling!"

"I bet 600 for Chen Yi!"

"Two beauties with a powerful character! How spectacular!"

The loud cheers and wagers persisted. Chen Yi and Shan Ling's gazes remained locked onto each other, as though they were scrutinizing and critiquing each other's imperfections. The maiden announcer quieted the cultivators and declared, "To win, one must either knock out their adversary or compel them to concede defeat. There are no regulations; engage in combat in a manner that is both flexible and unrestrained. Now, let the battle commence!"

Shan Lang chuckled provocatively and seized her whip. Its length thumped against the ground, and a blue spiritual qi materialized, enveloping the whip from the handle to the tip of the lash. "Sister Chen Yi, I do hope you won't weep from the pain," Shan Ling uttered, her sweet smile belying her words.