C H A P T E R 3 6

— • —

Chapter 36: The Poisonous Butterfly, Part 1

"Hey, Wen Yong."

"MMM?!" Wen Yong, with his green snake form, turned to Liu Xiao with an irritating look.

"You will answer my question with pure honesty, right?"—Liu Xiao.

"HUH?! I, WEN YONG, DIDN'T LET YOU ABDUCT ME SO YOU CAN JUST ASK QUESTIONS."

"Golden Peony Flower." Liu Xiao threatened again.

"GOLDEN SHIT THIS, GOLDEN SHIT THAT! YOU DIDN'T EVEN PROMISE ME THAT YOU WILL GIVE ME ALL OF THEM! WE'RE NOW AT YOUR GODDAMN PEAK, BUT WHERE IS THE FUCKIN FLOWER?!" Wen Yong yelled furiously while struggling out of Liu Xiao's grasp.

"Eh? The flower is in my hands. I just said that we need to go there first before I give it to you," Liu Xiao bluntly replied, pointing at the dimension ring in his middle finger.

"...."

"What?" Liu Xiao asked with a confused face. Wen Yong trembled with so much intensity and gritted his fangs at Liu Xiao before yelling. "YOU HAD THE FLOWER IN YOUR HANDS ALL THIS TIME, AND YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME?! YOU'RE A FUCKING CON! FUCKING—"

Before Wen Yong could utter another word, Liu Xiao grasped his dimension ring and channeled a substantial amount of his orange spiritual qi into it, causing both of them to be drawn into the ring as if vacuumed in.

Upon their arrival, they were greeted by a solitary, small wooden manor situated amidst a bright sky devoid of clouds or sun, surrounded by grasses and blooming flowers. Liu Xiao, with a firm grip on Wen Yong's neck, ushered him into the small wooden manor.

"Hi there!" exclaimed Liu Xiao as he tossed Wen Yong aside like an unwanted object and eagerly approached the tiny human snake that had been roused by his voice.

"Fuaaahhhhh!" yawned the tiny human snake, spinning around; her smile illuminated her rosy cheeks even further. Liu Xiao was so enchanted that he longed to pick up the tiny human snake and hold her close, yet he refrained, fearing he might cause her harm.

"Did you have a good sleep? It's comfortable here, right?" Liu Xiao happily asked, his index finger patting the tiny human snake's head.

"Fuahh!" the tiny human snake happily answered.

Both of them were happily conversing when Wen Yong, still gasping for breath and trembling in the corner, caught Liu Xiao's attention. Taken aback and recalling something urgent, Liu Xiao hurried back to Wen Yong and carelessly seized him once more.

"PUAAHHH! YOU FUCKER CARRY ME CAREFULLY! I CHOKED! I FUCKING CHOKED! WHERE IS THE FUCKING FLO?"

As Liu Xiao opened the rear entrance to his estate, a dazzling golden radiance emanated, temporarily blinding them both. The garden, vast and meticulously arranged, was adorned with a multitude of golden peony blossoms. Wen Yong, overcome with joy, squirmed in Liu Xiao's hold before leaping to the ground. He scurried towards the peonies at an astonishing speed and, upon reaching them, transformed into his human shape.

"MASTER?! IS THAT YOU?! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" A female voice was heard. At her back were three male children holding a drum, a flute, and a small zither.

"HUH? YOU GUYS?! YOU'RE HERE?" Wen Yong surprisingly asked. He then turned furiously to Liu Xiao, who was sitting in front of his manor, and yelled, "HOW COME THEY WERE IN HERE WHILE I WAS INSIDE A BLACK CAGE WHEN YOU SUCKED ME UP?! THIS IS UNFAIR!"