Chapter 62: When Can I See You Again?

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) spun around the falling debris, cutting through any that was unavoidable using his wings before cutting through the air as his eyes locked on the blonde woman.

He peeked over his shoulder, able to make out Natasha falling down behind him. But in the distance behind her was another person... Taskmaster. Antonia was damn persistent.

"Behind you." (Y/N)'s warning echoed inside Natasha's mind with the help of telepathy, making her look back and notice the incoming threat.

(Y/N) slid along a piece of debris as he got closer to Yelena. He lunged from the metal, reaching out his hands and wrapping them around the woman's back. She was conscious enough to acknowledge what was happening.

(Y/N) shut his wings, picking up more speed to reach the ground quicker. After about thirty seconds, the ground was nearing, and he again extended the wings, slamming them downwards and sending a blast of energy downwards to counter gravity.

The two remained still in the air thanks to the counterforce before dropping to the floor. (Y/N) looked up, checking they were out of the way of any more debris before gently placing Yelena down.

"I'll be back." He told her, making her groan and place a hand over her head. (Y/N) looked over in the distance as Natasha and Taskmaster touched down, sliding in opposite directions on the grass.

Natasha took a few breaths as she watched Antonia approaching her again. "Okay... Let's go." She stood back up as her adversary retrieved her sword from her back.

Natasha rolled forward, dodging a sword swipe and grappling Antonia. She jumped up, kicking the Taskmaster away and pulling the sword from her hand. "Enough." Natasha whispered. She threw the weapon down, but Antonia continued by grabbing her in a choke.

Natasha reversed the move, elbowing Antonia in her arm before climbing onto her and kicking the pad on her arm. The other woman's mask began to whir, detaching as Natasha spun her to the ground.

The two fell to the floor panting, Antonia's mask rolling away as they looked between each other. A small clink made Natasha realise she had dropped one of the antidotes in the dirt.

Antonia crawled towards the item, making Natasha jump up onto her feet. As she went to break the vial open, Antonia kicked it away before grabbing Natasha in a choke hold.

Natasha struggled, trying to roll out of the hold, but was unable to. She drove her arms back into the woman, gasping for breath but the woman refused to release her.

Suddenly the vial came flying back, shattering against her chest and sending the antidote into the air around her. It was absorbed by Antonia, making her loosen her grip around Natasha before falling back onto the ground.

(Y/N) stepped over, an arm around his ribs as his cheek still bled profusely. Natasha looked up at him in thanks, but quickly rolled over and crawled to Antonia. She leant down next to her, her breath shuddering.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She repeated, a sound of regret in her voice.

"Is he gone?" Antonia asked in a mere whisper. Natasha paused, slowly nodding her head.

"He's gone."

(Y/N) and Natasha found their way back to Yelena. The latter gave out a whistle to which Yelena responded with her own so they could find her. The man slid down beside her as she laid in the exact position he had rested her in. He helped her up into a seated position as Natasha crouched down at the other side of her.