Chapter 25

Specs stayed where he was sitting for over half an hour in silence before coming back to reality and realising what had just happened.

He didn't know how to feel, he felt angry, who wouldn't in his shoes, but he also felt guilty and sad.

He knew that it was just a stupid argument and he shouldn't have called Romeo sensitive but he was tired and he knew that he can get grouchy when he's tired.

Still, he knew Romeo would have gone back to the Lodging House so he knew he couldn't go there, at least until later when everyone was guaranteed to be asleep.

He opted for waiting it out a bit before going back to the Lodging House.

He didn't want to stay on the roof though for fear that he may fall asleep up there and miss selling the next morning so he decided that he'd just walk around until when he thought everyone would be asleep.

He was walking a few blocks away from the Distribution Centre when he heard a person calling for someone.

He glanced over his shoulder even though he knew it wasn't him who was being called.

He noticed a man of a similar build to him running in the same direction as Specs.

"Samuel, stop," the man shouted. Specs glanced over his shoulder again before picking up his pace. "I know you can see me, Samuel, so why don't you just stop?"

Specs turned around quickly and realised that the man had gained on him quickly and was very near him.

"I don't know you," Specs shouted before sprinting off in the opposite direction of the Lodging House.

He didn't want the man to find out where he lived in case he tried to come after Specs again, he didn't know if this was just a drunk with dumb luck in the name department or if there was some motive behind it.

He was nearing the theatre, where he'd be able to go around to the back entrance that Miss Medda put a lock only the Newsies knew the code to so they could hide out if they need to.

Specs hadn't ever had to have used it before, he was very thankful for that, but given his current situation he decided it was best.

He was almost at the door when his arm was grabbed and the momentum spun him around.

He was met by the face of the man chasing him, which he couldn't help but noticed the minor similarities they shared, but he just put that down to coincidence.

He tried to pull his arm away out the man kept a firm grip on his arm.

"Let me go," he shouted as he struggled. "I didn't do anything wrong."

The man chuckled and shook his head. "Samuel, you can stop pretending you don't know who I am, it's me."

"Just saying 'it's me' isn't going to magically make me know who you are all of a sudden," Specs exclaimed. "And I'm not Samuel."

The man pulled Specs' arm hard and Specs let out a cry of pain.

The man pulled him close to him and started to drag him away from the alleyway.

"Please stop I didn't do anything wrong," he pleaded to the man who had dragged him quite far from the theatre. "Help. Someone help me," he shouted to anyone who was nearby.

Unfortunately given the time it was, there was no one to hear his pleas and help him.

"Shut it boy, you wouldn't want to disappoint your father," the man hissed.

~~~
600 words