𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , formality

Start from the beginning

In the meantime he had to help Scott arrange a date for Allison who wasn't him, he didn't quite understand why Scott wanted Jackson of all people to take the brunette to the dance. Surely any other of the jocks in this town would have been able to protect Allison by keeping her on her feet all night. Why did it have to be Jackson Whittemore? After threatening Jackson in the locker room after practice the boy practically ran to Allison's locked dripping with sweat and nerves as he confirmed their plans to attend the formal with one another, certainly an enjoyable experience for Scott and Stiles to watch from afar. Though there was one standing question left. Allison's date was arranged. His own date was on the way to being arranged. Kinsey had chosen to go solo once again. Jackson was with Allison. Which left Scott. Dateless, ticketless, and banned from even attending the dance which he still was adamant he'd be attending no matter what.

"So let me get this straight. You're gonna ride your bike to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass?" Stiles asked again as the two stood in the middle of the school halls. Even though he already knew all of this information he wanted to make sure that he really had heard his best friend correctly and question whether the wolf was that stupid.

"Yeah. You gonna help me?'

"Hell, yeah. And I have the solution to all of those problems." Stiles agreed as he wrapped his arm around the wolf's shoulder proudly before the two headed to the mall. For him, it was to make sure that his arrangements with Lydia were going as planned, as well as to see Kinsey's reaction when she realized he had acquired help. And for Scott, it was an excuse to keep a close eye on the brunette like he'd been doing for the past few days. To the point where he had been sitting on her roof for all hours of the night to make sure nobody attacked her in her sleep.

As the three girls stepped onto the escalator leading up to Macy's it hadn't gone unnoticed that Allison wasn't in her usual perky mood, her mouth pulled into a thin line and her shoulders hunched over as she stared down at the escalators under her feet. Kinsey and Lydia had both made their fair share of jokes to try and lighten the mood, even to the point where Kinsey had told them about the deal and her experience with the stranger she asked to formal this morning. An exchange she felt guilty about now she looked back on her behavior, how blunt she had been. The poor boy had looked as though he'd never had a real conversation with a girl before and now he would be traumatized to talk to another because of her. But she didn't know his name, she barely remembered the details of his face, his only noticeable feature had been the dark hair on his head, and in a town like this that wasn't exactly a detail that stood out amongst the rest.

"Okay." Kinsey sighed, it was coherent nothing was cheering Allison up. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothings wrong, I just have a lot on my mind." She answered simply, unconvincingly.

"You could smile at least." Lydia teased. "Ever heard of the saying 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'. Smile, Allison. I'm buying you both a dress." The reason behind Lydia buying a dress for the two girls differed, for the older brunette it acted as an apology for her poor treatment as a best friend. An apology that Allison tried to refused, but inevitably failed. And for Kinsey, the reasoning was nothing else other than pity for the girl who had been through so much lately, and after their phone call last night she felt guiltier than ever for Kinsey. She had been discreet in explaining what happened with her mother but the simple details had been that she practically told Kate to get out of her life, that was enough for Lydia to feel guilty. It was an offer Kinsey had also tried to refuse, but she was put up against a Martin, nobody won that battle. And if Lydia buying her dress wasn't enough she was under strict orders of what her dress could look like. In Lydia's word her dress had to be sexy but not slutty and couldn't wash out her already fairly ivory skin, that was another thing the redhead classed as social suicide. As though Kinsey arriving alone to the formal wasn't painful enough to hear.