"To say I'm baffled would be an understatement. I had never imagined that I'll even make it to the top ten. Thank you so much for this! It means a lot to be very honest."

As a nervous chuckle escaped my lips, I began. "Well hello everyone, I'm Sabrina Adila Khaleed but I assume I'm popularly know as SAK. I'm a Nigerian, born in Los Angeles, California on the 1st of February 1998. I resided in LA for ten years before returning back to my fatherland.

I joined middle school when I was ten years of age along with my best friend. It was the first and only school I attended in Nigeria. The place was different, the people, the lifestyle, the accent and just everything. Eventually, I adapted to the country.

Growing up, people always told me I was different. I don't know how though but I just was. I was awfully stubborn, short tempered, hot headed and a little sassy for my young age. Funny how I still am.

I was just eleven years old when I started learning how to cook, design and sew clothes, knit, and a couple other things kids my age couldn't. Not to talk about the book aspect.

During my stay in Nigeria, my family and I had visited my relatives in Kaduna and some in my mother's state, Maiduguri. It was anticipating to come across many personalities and new people whom I knew shared close blood ties with me. I thought I'd bond with my relatives because that's usually what I see my other friends doing but boy was I in the wrong. Sixty percent of my relatives were chameleons. They were two faced. Being kind and loving in front of everyone but then talk trash about you behind your back. Personally, they didn't fancy me at all. They said I was sassy, disrespectful and had a hand and fist not fit for my age. I was loud, said whatever came to my mind, and threw a fist here and there when needed.

I didn't care about what other people say, I didn't bother fitting in, I didn't bother doing what other people considered the trend, I was just me. Sabrina. The girl that never backs down from a fight, verbally or physically. I never take down challenges. I was rebellious, always had answer for everything, still do. I always have something to say and I would rather die than lose to an opponent.

Back in my high school days, I was the girl a lot of people envied and loved. I was the school's topper but that never stopped me from getting into trouble. Trouble is my second name. Wherever trouble is, Sabrina would never be too far. Till date, I doubt there's anyone with a better trouble record I had in high school. I was a fighter and I mean physical fighter. Why not? I was an athlete. A basket player to be specific. Don't even get me started with the number of times I've gotten suspended.

I was that nonchalant bold student that enjoyed getting beneath the skins of my teachers. The class clown. Hated by lots of people because of my fierce feline personality.

I could still recall the look on Ms Rachel's face when I was called out for the post of student body president and head girl. I was the school's biggest terrorist so it came as a shock to everyone, myself inclusive. I almost gave my parents a heart attack when I showed them the certificate, they couldn't believe their eyes.

Then to my second visit to Maiduguri, the—let's pause this part for a minute. I'm sure some of you have seen my interviews, articles and other social media platforms saying I can't cry. I don't know how to. I've never shed a tear in my life. Why? Only Allah knows. A lot of people see that as a sign of pride and arrogance. I tried explaining to some before I eventually gave up because no matter what I say people will still talk.

When I went there, I was almost in tears. The sight of homeless people and children suffering from famine, medical issues and financial difficulties. More than half of the state was in a bad state. Young girls and boys would come out in the morning with a rubber plate and beg the rich for morsels of food. They'd be dressed in rags and torn clothes. Some reek so badly that you can't even stand five feet's away from them without perceiving the displeasing odor. Most of it was due to a terrorist group referred to as Boko Haram. They bombed a lot of areas in the state leaning it in a bad condition, many families lost their lives while some lost their homes and were out on the street.

Double fire🔥जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें