"Which one should we play for her?" one of them ask.

They all look at each other deep on thought, going through many song titles in their minds.

"I got it. Just follow my beat and you'll catch on." Ashton tells them before he starts playing a beat on the drums. The others nod and start playing their instruments before they start singing.

I love that accent you have when you say hello.
You relocated from New York a month ago.
That mini van that you drive really gets me going.
And if it feels like it's right then it can't be wrong.

No one understands the chemistry we have and it came out of no where.
It's not like we planned it's getting out of hand and now we're gonna go there.

Walk my way Mrs. All American, say my name, no need to pretend.
Don't be shy, Mrs. All American I'll show you how.
You're not gonna walk away.

• • •

They finish the song and I immediately clap my hands with a big smile on my face.

"Oh my gosh you guys are amazing!" I say in excitement.

"Thanks. It is what we love" Ashton says with a smile.

"So what about you? You're in Ashton's chorus class, he's said a word or two about your voice. Sing something for us?" the red haired one asked.

"Mikey's right." Ashton agrees.

"Okay, fine I'll do it." I say and they all cheer.

"But don't sing the one you're singing at the jam. It'll ruin it." Ashton smiles and I nod.

"Mind if I use the piano?" I ask and they all shake their heads, moving to the couch. I take a seat on the piano and I think of what to play. My fingers start pushing the keys as words start coming out of my mouth, starting weak but getting stronger and angry towards the end.

Four years old with my back to the door
All I could hear was the family war
Your selfish hands always expecting more
Am I your child or just a charity award?

You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless
Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter
Oh

It's been five years since we've spoken last
And you can't take back
What we never had
Oh, I can be manipulated
Only so many times,
Before even "I love you"
Starts to sound like a lie

You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless
Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?
How could you push me out of your world,
Lied to your flesh and your blood,
Put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?
Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?
How could you throw me right out of your world?
So young when the pain had begun
Now forever afraid of being loved

Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter

I slowly take my hands off the keys and wipe the tears that are falling down my cheeks.

"Wow. That was powerful." Mikey says quietly.

I don't say anything as memories flood my mind. Ashton soon comes to my side, understanding everything from what I told him at the lake.

"Hey, are too okay?" he asks and I nod.

"Do they know?" I ask and Ashton shakes his head.

I get up from the piano and walk over to the others, sitting in a love seat beside the couch, Ashton takes a seat beside me.

"Um. There's a strong meaning behind that song if you haven't figured that out already... " I start as I tell them the same story I told Ashton at the lake.

"So, do your parents know about you?" Luke asks.

"I'm not sure. I wrote that song when I found my passion for singing and heard about my birth parents. I mean, I've seen pictures of them. They're still together, they're still alcoholics and druggies. My foster parents don't want my communication with them completely shut off, like they want me to know who my parents are but I don't know if I want to." I answer.

"Well, remember you always have us. And Ashton was right. You have a rocking voice. It could take you a long way." Luke says and I smile.

"Well, I believe that's enough for one day. Why don't we all go upstairs and watch a movie or something?" Ashton asks and we all nod.

We walk back upstairs to the living room and Luke starts popping popcorn in the microwave while Mikey picks out a movie on Netflix. Calum gets blankets out of the closet and places them on different parts of the couch and floor. Ashton and I walk upstairs to get extra pillows from the storage closet.

"What?" I ask as he stares at me.

"Nothing. You're just super gorgeous. And you look like you need a kiss right now." he admits with a smile on his face.

"What's holding you back?" I ask as I get closer to him.

He leans down and presses his lips to mine, gripping my waist to pull me closer to him. My hands reach up and wrap around his neck. Our lips move in sync until the guys start making too much noise downstairs.

"Come on before they get impatient." I giggle as we grab some pillows and walk downstairs.

The movie starts as Ashton and I sit on the couch. Ashton lays a blanket over us and sets a pillow behind us, he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him so I'm laying on his chest. I look up at him slightly to see his eyes glued to the TV, he turns his head and looks at me, smiling slightly.

My foster parents always warned me about drugs on the streets but never the ones with hazel eyes and a heart beat.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I've gained about 20 reads YAS! And sorry for all of the singing, but I think that's what this story is gonna kinda be about. So it's mixed with The Foster's, PLL and Glee even tho I don't like Glee lmao.

Normally I wouldn't post an entire song in a chapter but every now and then I will, and the full song in this chapter that Lacey sung just fit her life I think.

BTW that was Love For a Daughter by Demi Lovato aka Queen

Thanks if you're reading this don't forget to vote, comment and share!!

P. S. Zayn had to fly back home because of the stress from the fans. LIKE GEEZ GUYS LET THE MAN HAVE A BREAK!! He loves Perrie with all his heart and everyone just has to accept that. No hate please.

~Kat