Chapter 57: Avalanche

Start from the beginning

"Asking the important questions, I see. Father of the year." You clapped your hands together, making Alexei look at you for a moment in confusion.

"I don't get my period, dipshit. I don't have a uterus." Yelena responded. The amount of family issues you were seeing here was astounding.

"Or ovaries." Natasha chimed in.

"Yeah. That's what happens when the Red Room gives you an involuntary hysterectomy. They kind of just go in and they rip out all of your reproductive or-" Yelena began to mime the actions.

"Please. Please, stop. I don't care if he gets it, but I do. Dear, Lord." You immediately stopped her, literally scratching your face with your nails out of how uncomfortable you were.

"Oh. Oh, but I was about to talk about Fallopian tubes, but okay." Yelena shrugged. You quite literally grabbed Alexei and threw him into a nearby seat, moving to stand in his spot.

"Hey!" He whined.

"Uh, you shut the fuck up before I decide to dropkick your ass through that goddamn window." You pointed at him, intent on fulfilling that threat if he didn't quiet down. Luckily for his safety, he did.

"Why did we just risk our asses for this guy?" You asked.

"He's going to tell us how to get to the Red Room." Natasha stated, looking back at you and him.

"Whoa, look at you, huh? All business." Alexei hummed. "Little Natasha, all indoctrinated into the Western agenda."

"I chose to go west to become an Avenger. 'Cause they treated me like family." She responded. These guys needed some serious counselling.

"Really? Family? Well, where are they now?" Alexei asked, holding his microphone a little closer to his mouth as the two women glanced back from the corner of their eyes. "Where is that family now?"

In one quick motion, your fist slammed straight into the other man's nose, knocking the back of his head into one of the circular windows and cracking it along the way.

"Блядь!" The man exclaimed, again clutching his face.

"The family is right here, buddy. Why do you think I came all this way with her even when I'm also on the run?" You snorted in air, watching him raise a hand in surrender before you looked away.

Yelena reached back, patting your arm and smirking from pure glee. Well, it was nice to know you'd entertained someone during that.

"Just tell us where the Red Room is." You said as you turned around and walked past him to sit down somewhere. Alexei paused, slowly removing his hand from his face as he sat up again.

"I have no idea." He stated. You stopped just before you were about to seat yourself.

"And your worth just hit zero dollars, so this is where I have to rip out your throat." You sighed, cracking your neck and slowly walking back over. Natasha got up from the front, throwing her headset down and walking over, too. She placed a hand on your chest and lightly pushed you towards the seats on the opposite side of the chopper to stop you murdering the only lead you had.

"That's impossible. You and Dreykov were-" Natasha began, sitting down. You huffed and walked over, resting against the pilot seat she was originally in.

"Dreykov? General Dreykov, my friend, huh? Gives me glory... Soviet Union's first and only super soldier. I could have been more famous than Captain America. Then he buried me in Ohio on that stupid mission." Alexei began. There was no way he could've or would've ever been a bigger icon than Steve. Never.

"3 years. So tedious, boring me to tears." Alexei and Yelena locked eyes. This was all just flying over your head. "Then puts me in prison for the rest of my life. Why, huh? Why? Why would he put me in... You know why? 'Cause maybe I want to talk about the withering or the state. Or maybe I don't like his hair or something and I say something casually about that. Maybe, you know, I want the Party to feel like actually like a party instead of this sourpuss organisation."

"What the fuck is this guy talking about?" You looked at Yelena with a confused expression. She just shook her head and rolled her eyes, clearly just as annoyed by the chatter.

"I'm not even the one who, uh, you know... I'm not the one who killed his daughter." Alexei said, eyes set on Natasha.

"у меня есть потерянный все терпение." You groaned, manifesting a pistol in your hand and aiming it at Alexei's head.

"Hey, woah, woah!" The man put up his hands in surrender, but you didn't move the gun away.

"Pull the trigger. I beg." Yelena cheered you on. You clicked the safety off, moving your finger to the trigger.

"Wait, wait. Why not speak to Melina?" Alexei quickly blurred out. You glanced at Natasha since she was in your eye line, seeing a surprised expression on her face.

"Mom Melina?" Yelena asked.

"We thought she was dead." Natasha said in confusion.

"You can't kill a fox that swift." Alexei scoffed. "She worked directly for Dreykov far more than I ever did."

"Wait. You're saying that Melina is working for the Red Room present day?" Natasha asked.

"She works remotely outside St. Petersburg." He stated. This was just one hell of a trip, wasn't it?

"Uh... I don't think we have enough fuel for St. Petersburg." Yelena said. You looked over her shoulder at the fuel, seeing the chopper was nearly empty.

"No, we're good. We'll make it." Alexei said nonchalantly. We weren't even gonna make it halfway... what was this guy talking about.

"Okay." Yelena shrugged.

"If we don't make it I get to hit him again." You said.

That seemed fair to you. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.