• 24 ~ Your Love Will Remain •

Start from the beginning

With nothing to grab onto, Y/n began to sink downwards. They aggressively moved their arms and legs in an attempt to reach the water surface, but it all was in vain.

Don't do this to me!!

I've come this far..!!

This can't be the end... right..?

Tears filled their eyes.

What did you want to live for, if it was to only lead you here..?

To make peace with death. Was this what Y/n had to prepare for after all?

Time seemed to stop still. A smile formed on Y/n's face as their tears mixed in with the sea.

Their soul, whoever wanted to live so badly.

It was Y/n.

Y/n wanted to live so badly.

You have regrets, don't you..?

Well, I do too...

A small spark became visible through their blurry vision. As it came closer, Y/n could see it clearer.

An circular glass-piece with a teal-coloured surface...

In the shape of a Snezhnayan delusion...

Or rather...

A vision..?

Y/n's eyes widened. They exhaled the air in their lungs due to shock, forming bubbles in the water.

Their vision was getting darker, but they could see it in their apparent last moments.

The symbol on the vision flashed before their eyes. It had the structure of butterfly wings that yearned for...

... freedom.

Mondstadt.

They had left it all behind, though. What they were right now had nothing to do with what happened in the past.

But then, why did they want to reach out for the vision so badly?

Klee...

Albedo...

Mona...

Venti...

Noelle...

Amber...

Lisa...

Barbara...

Bennett...

Everyone...

All this time, Y/n tried to forget about everything. They knew they couldn't go back to anyone, so it was easier to pretend that none of their memories ever happened.

But was it really okay to pretend like that?

...

No.

There was only so much that the Tsaritsa could take away from Y/n, but she could not erase who Y/n was. She could never change the way Y/n felt.

I won't let it end this way...

This was their life. It didn't matter how they got here. They hadn't seen and learnt so much for it all to be forgotten in an instant.

Who they were before losing their memories and who they were after seemed to be two different people... Y/n had not known where to draw the line between the two.