Someone else

I  don't know many on the force, but what I did know was something here was working with Chester. Meaning there's a spy with us, someone who's working with a killer getting information. I have to find out who they are first, and my suspensions are on Detective Stone. But maybe that's only because I don't like him that much. I stared at the void of my room, it was dark. I was so close to just finding out who it was. Who was my greatest threat. "Chester.." I mumbled out loud to myself. What was his deal, revenge on the town for how they treated his family? Then why would he kill his father who made the fable? It didn't add up. I was, for the first time ever, stumped.

Another murder had happened, I didn't want to bother with it anymore but Stone was waiting for me since we were put into partners.

I arrived, Jean with me again, the kid didn't know what 'I have to keep you out of it' means. He hadn't said a word to me so far but he followed me with a kind of darkness in his eyes just staring ahead. Something told me he wouldn't give up and go home if I told him again. For some reason he was determined, so maybe it was a little ok. I came up to the body that had the pumpkin head beside it. Detective Stone seemed to of noticed that I arrived and made his way over "Thought you weren't planning on showin up." He looked at the file he got first "Hope you plan on quitting and letting me take over fully, didn't get any progress on the case so they had to put me on, I hope the youngest detective to be official doesn't disappoint.." I looked at the file in his hands and back up at him "What's the cause this time, Stone." Detective Stone raised the file a bit and held it out to me "Go on and look for yourself. I got what I needed from it anyway" I snatched it from him, staring him cold in the eyes. Stone simply put on a smug look and walked away back to the others. I looked at the file, the face had been bashed in but not enough to not know who it was. Before I could read the name the file was snatched from my hands ''Wh-Hey, Jean give that back" Jean looked at it himself and went over to the body more instead "Really, Jean, I need that" "Just a sec detective" he looked over the body and back at the file "This is wrong'' I grabbed the file from Jean and looked at the body "What?" Jean grabbed the shirt of the body and pulled it to reveal the true cause of death was suffocation "..Then why does the file say bashed in?" Jean looked over to the group of cops ''Because someone over there did it to make the file say it.." I looked at Jean in the eyes, he still had that determined look, the look that I should have..if I want to make my dream of this town come true I would have to put in effort too. "Right..I have an idea, '' Jean said quietly, just enough for me to hear.

I opened my car door wondering why Jean wasn't getting in yet, so I looked at the other side and Stone was talking to him. I made my way over to that side of the car to see what he was talking about. "Listen, kid I won't like you and I'm sure Mike has gotten you to not like me," "No, I just don't like you on my own, so far you seem like a dick." Stone tried to keep a cool manner and continued where he left off "But. Like it or not I'm partnered with Mike and we both have to work on this." Jean glared at him, neither of them noticed me yet "Who said I have to get along with you?" Stone looked back, "You don't have to. Just stay out of my way" Jean crossed his arms and glared even colder at him "What. If. I. don't." With that remark Stone flashed his gun at Jean who responded with a step back "Or more bad things are going to happen kid.." I drew my gun. I don't care if it was for a good reason or not, he made a threat. "That's enough, Stone." Stone turned finally aware of my presence "That's enough." Stone put on an amused smile "Come on, Mike. I wasn't going to do anything, and neither will you" I held it up to aim "You're acting suspicious, Stone. Why don't you admit you're working for the killer already?" "Pfft...you think someone with higher standards in murder would partner up with, street filth? No, Mike, I'm a detective on this case for a reason." I glared at him now "Don't draw your gun on the boy or I'll make sure you'll never be able to hold one again." I said it sternly and put my gun back in its holder. "Come on, Jean '' I opened the door for Jean and he got in the car, Stone was still smiling. Something told me this wasn't going to be the last time I have to pull my gun on him. "I'm keeping an eye on you.." We both said it at the same time with the same glare.