The Warlord & the Fae Prince (ChanLix ft. SKZ) [PART 2]

Start from the beginning

"The poor boy looks like he's about to either throw up or pass out."

There was a pause, but Felix was a little too out of it to notice, struggling to focus on not doing either of the things mentioned by the blue-haired boy. After all, as amusing as it would be to throw up on the Warlord and be as much of a burden as he could be, Felix still had some pride – he refused to appear even lesser than they already thought of him.

Plus, he needed to stay awake. If he passed out again, who knew what they'd do to him?

It took him a moment to notice that the horses had come to a somewhat abrupt halt. Then, without much ceremony, he felt himself being lifted – and then his feet hit firm ground for the first time in what felt like days. He almost instantly collapsed, a wave of nausea washing over him. All pretenses of keeping up appearances went out the window as he folded in two and started emptying his stomach – his chest burning something fierce, and definitely not aiding his cause.

His throat felt raw and disgusting, and Felix was even more exhausted than before. He managed to crawl away from the mess he had made, but his limbs quickly stopped responding to his commands, and he completely sunk into the soft grass, shivering and not feeling any better.

"What's wrong with him?"

His head was tilted back, and something cold was pressed against his forehead – a hand, if Felix was to guess, but his vision was too blurry to see who's.

"He's burning up."

"You said the ritual would work! He won't be of any use if he dies here!"

"The ritual did work. His magic core merged with the crystal and the connection was cut properly – whatever the reason is for him being sick, it's not because of that."

"What about the cuffs? They're made of iron, right?"

There was another moment of silence. And then, Felix's body was flipped over with startling gentleness, and he found himself looking up at the blue-haired boy. The soldier offered a tentative smile at the Fae, before making quick work of the iron cuffs. 

The moment they fell off, it was as if the weight that had been growing on Felix's chest completely vanished in a matter of seconds. He wheezed, inhaling as much air as he could as strength started filling his limbs again, and the cold hand was pressed over his forehead again – this time, Felix managed to identify it as Minho's.

"His fever is coming down," he remarked, apparently surprised. "But I'm against continuing to travel. We should stop for the night so I can monitor his health properly, and start traveling again tomorrow."

"We can't stop," refused Chan, still on his horse. "We don't have time for breaks."

Minho rose back to his feet, glaring a bit. "We do if it means keeping our last chance alive. Going back home empty-handed isn't an option."

There was a bit of a stare-down, before Chan eventually clicked his tongue and gave in with a curt nod. He was obviously unhappy, but his mage had a good argument. Felix could only watch everything unfold with growing confusion. Now that the iron was now longer weakening him, he could focus on the group that had kidnapped him, and he started noticing the little details.

For whatever reason they had kidnapped him, he was obviously their only option.

He could work with that.

.

The group promptly got to work on setting up camp. They replaced Felix's bindings with normal rope, obviously not trusting him not to turn on them. Even without the cuffs, however, Felix could no longer command nature as he pleased. The best he could do was make the grass grow and flowers sprout.