Chapter 6 - The Rightful Owner

Start from the beginning

As the old man disappeared among the crowd, Muraco stood silently and faced the window while the onlookers did not show any kind of reaction or sympathy for Benjamin Knight.

Like the audience they were.

They enjoyed the show, standing unmoved in their place, dressed in magnificent dresses, elegant makeup, and holding delicate glasses filled with red wine and champagne.

Hints of ridicule could be seen on various faces throughout the banquet, as Benjamin quietly walked out of the hall, not wanting to catch more attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on. Get zipped already!" Delia groaned, animosity hailing her features as she tried to zip her dress.

Furiously, again fumbling with the zip, she finally gave up, groaning.

Glancing at her reflection in the mirror, she sighed sadly.

Her birthday party had already begun and now, at the last moment, her dress's zip is showing tantrums. Moreover, she loved the dress and doesn't want to change it either.

Slipping on the dress's matching footwear, she covered her upper body with a thin blanket and walked out of her room, looking for a maid who could help her with the zipper.

Observing the vacant hallway, a deep sough fled past her mouth that made her lower lip tremble. She couldn't see any of the servants.

"Need something?" Hearing the voice, for a moment, her shoulders went completely stiff as she turned to face the intruder - Luan.

He was dressed in a coal-black suit. His suit jacket was unbuttoned while the bow tie was hanging around his neck, untied.

"No," she retorted, turning to leave before he could speak again.

"You won't find anyone here. All servants are busy in serving the guests."

Distastefully, Delia glanced at him before looking sideways, hoping for someone to pop out of nowhere. But no human came in sight.

"I need help," she scoffed lightly, not meeting his eyes.

"Help in what?"

Throwing a discontent look at him, she turned her back."Can you zip my dress?" Her voice lightly falls off to be a whisper.

"With...pleasure," she heard his voice, riding on the waves of amusement as the next moment, his fingers were on the thin blanket, that was holding her body wrapped.

He pulled the blanket down, and her bare back peeked out of the unzipped dress.

As it came in front of his eyes, for a moment, his breaths were stuck at the sight of her flawless skin.

She was innocent, entirely opposite of the brothers.

Luan gradually stepped closer, his proximity meeting the barriers of her personal space.

"You are looking gorgeous, Lia," he whispered, sensing the goosebumps rising on the skin of her exposed back as he pulled the chain up, zipping her dress before stepping back.

"Thanks," Delia mumbled, gathering up the blanket that was covering her body not long ago.

"Are you still not ready? The guests are waiting for your arrival," hearing his voice, Delia stopped and turned to face him. "No. I have to put on some makeup."

"I want to look breathtaking for my special day." A waggish flicker came up in her brown orbs as she walked past him, from the corner of her eyes catching the glimpse of his dazed expressions.