Chapter 3 - His Prey

Follow me for regular updates
Blue_and_Love

************

Under the glorious crystal lights, the long carved vintage dining table was filled with many varieties of food and drinks. It looked as if it was a noble banquet but unfortunately, only two people were entitled to taste those dishes.

"Miss, sit." The female servant carefully pulled the chair for Delia as the other servants hurriedly went and filled a plate with numerous dishes for her.

She started eating her meal in complete silence, having no desire to make a conversation with Muraco.

It's been some days since Luan humiliated her. After that day he went on a business trip which she was glad for. She also didn't want to see his face especially not after what he did to her.

Luan is a f**king a**hole and she hated to admit that Muraco was different than him. But it doesn't mean that he was a saint. Sometimes he can be a control freak too; a pain in the ass.

"Pour her some water," she heard his voice, it was light but it was like an ordinance as a servant poured water in her empty glass.

"Eat properly, Lia. Chew slowly." His voice sounded again and she groaned mentally.

Here we go again.

For some moments nothing sounded as everything stayed acquired by silence. The servants couldn't help time to time glancing at the two people sitting at the dining table. Both of them had elegant dining etiquette, with innate prestige and grace in their bones as if they were born to be in this way.

"Your birthday is coming soon." His tone was elegant and soft, full of tenderness as he slowly chewed the food in his mouth, his gazes traveling to her while he took a sip of red wine.

"I know. There is no need for you to remind me."  Feebly nodding her head she continued with her meal now, feeling his gaze upon herself.

Slowly and gracefully swirling the wine in the glass he bought it up to his lips, taking another sip." I just wanted to know what you want as your birthday gift," he spoke, his tone was still elegant and soft, full of tenderness.

Delia's brows frowned together, hearing his words she went stiff, swallowing the morsel in her mouth as her eyes stayed sharp and full of anger; glaring at the plate. Wisely, she didn't answer the question of the perpetrator like the man who sat on the opposite side of hers.

"I'm done," she spoke, putting down her spoon.

"Don't you want a birthday gift?" Putting the wine glass back on the table, Murcao gave her his attention. He could feel her anger. He likes how she always shows her emotions unlike him and Luan who are always vague, making it hard for people to clearly see through them.

Delia's fists clenched tightly. "You know what I want. I don't want to live as a prisoner in this expensive prison of yours. " She got up and turned to leave, hurriedly walking upstairs to her room. She just couldn't stand anymore to be with them in one room.

Without any justification, she only wants to live the life she wanted, to do what she wants and not to be the one the twins wanted. She just wanted to be free.

Muraco clicked his tongue at her stubbornness, silently watching her walking away. Day by day her stubbornness was reaching new heights. Maybe because she had barely experienced the life outside the mansion. And here in the mansion, she is like a queen who no one disobeys.

From the very start, she lived in a safe protected zone and Muraco had no intentions of letting her out of there and exposing her to the outer world where some disgusting people won't even hesitate to crumble her like a mere insect under their shoes and use her as per their own benefits.

He just wanted her to continue living in her own self-enclosed world where no one except him can break-in and had the contentment to be with her.

That would be so nice.

No!

This is not good!!

Suddenly he snapped out of his thoughts, his eyes flickered, feeling that something he couldn't control was exploding in his mind as he instinctively perceives the danger he himself was.

Picking up the wine glass he took a long sip. He doesn't know why sometimes the sense of hazard in him grows more rapidly around her and makes him feel excited.

With her, why sometimes it makes him feels as if he is a wild beast lurking in the darkness as the conquest of possessing her; his prey, seemed to overcome every bit of control in him.

He knew he is dangerous for her. But still, he didn't want to back away................

Thanks for reading ( ˘ ³˘)♥