A Different Beginning ~ Part 79 ~ Update: 3/19/15 Early Evening

The events of the afternoon soon spilled into the evening and I end up getting passed along from boy to boy, sitting in just about everyone’s laps. Truth or Dare had lasted for a while and Gabriel got in some good dares like having people remove clothing, Mr. Blackbourne and Luke both sat with only their boxers on at one point making me turn a bright shade of red. I was now wearing Dr. Green’s shirt which was way to big and was more of a gown than a shirt at this point. But everyone was laughing and the atmosphere was positive. 

I couldn’t help but think that all these boys were so good to me. I smiled glancing down at my fingers as I played with Kota’s fingers. His eyes settled on me and he smiled placing a very soft kiss on my forehead before continuing his conversation with Nathan about the complex mathematics of space . I smiled glancing at each one of the boys before looking back down at my fingers. Would this last? 

The question popped into my head before I could even stop it from forming. Would this laughter and fun last long with me here? Our relationships were going to change just as soon as the other guys found out I liked all of them. There were nine of them and one of me. Would I be able to handle having so many of them around trying to get my attention? We were only entering high school there were sure to be jealousies and fights because of it as well. What would happen? How would I react? 

Nervous I felt my breath hitching a little and I forced out a small breath trying to clear my head of thoughts when suddenly another questions slipped into my brain.  What about my family? I didn’t mean the boys when I said this I meant Marie and my Mother and my Father. I would have to return eventually… wouldn’t I? As much as I didn’t want to I knew this was true. They still were my parents even if they hurt me and weren’t kind to me. I could feel the knot in my stomach growing and I closed my eyes trying to make sense of all the thoughts. 

“Sang.” I opened my eyes slowly and Kota met mine. His eyes were filled with worry as he lightly tangled his large fingers with mine. The laughter continued no one noticing and I shifted biting my lip softly. Kota caressed my cheek and a small smile appeared. “Do you want to go outside and look at the stars?” My eyes widened and I glanced over to the large glass windows leading out to a deck and smiled slowly nodding. It sounded like a good idea. 

Kota smiled wrapping the blanket farther around me before helping me stand and we shifted outside sitting on the picnic table. Kota sat and then pulled me into his lap keeping me close to his chest. “Tell me what you were thinking about.” He whispered in my ear as we gazed up at the stars. 

My eyes widened surprised and I glanced up at Kota before looking back to the stars once again. They seemed so distant and far away. It took a moment to gather my thoughts before I spoke. “I am thinking about the future.” I responded choosing my words very carefully. “I very much love being with you all and every second is fun and adventurous but it still makes me nervous for the future.” I let out a held breath and rested against Kota’s chest as he glanced down toward me meeting my eyes with his. 

“What do you mean Sang?” His voice was calm but I could see the wonder in his eyes as he tried to grasp what I meant. 

“I mean, what is going to happen next? I am worried. I haven’t been home in a while and my parents are going to find out soon that I have been with you guys this entire time. My fingers start to dance nervously in my lap and I rest my forehead against Kota’s neck slowly. “I am nervous because this moment has been so amazing that something to follow is going to be worse.”