A Different Beginning ~ Part 76 ~ Updated: 3/13/15 Late Evening

“How is your hand feeling?” Luke asked lightly touching the edge of my brace and I shrugged. His voice was warm and the scent of vanilla washed over me making me feel even sleepier.  

“Okay. Just a little sore.” I smiled resting against his chest as I curled up under the covers closing my eyes. My nerves had finally settled and the warmth made me tired. Letting out a soft yawn, Luke lightly pushed my hair out of my face. 

“And just a little sleepy as well.” He smiled laughing softly before placing a soft kiss on my forehead and I blushed softly. He was very gentle and knew just how to make me smile. Closing my eyes I took a soft breath.  

“FOOD!” Gabriel’s voice echoes through the house and instantly I bolt up at the loud noise. Instantly, Luke’s hand slips around me to steady me. Gabriel walks into the kitchen area and glanced over to me with a smile. “Come on Trouble let’s get some food in that stomach of yours.” I glance down to Luke who nods and we shift over to the table. Foot steps can be heard from around the house as everyone comes down for lunch. 

Sitting down in the middle of the right side of the table, I tuck my feet under me and wait for everyone to come down. Gabriel has the food spread out on the table and Silas has plates in hand while North stumbles around for cups and drinks. I smile as Nathan and Luke start to fill their plates as well as others which Silas passes over and North shouts drink orders out. Watching the contained chaos I watch happily trying to catch everything that is happening. 

Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green are lightly chatting about the school and different medical issues that have been in the news recently while Kota and Victor talk about their mathematics class. North and Silas sit down, North sitting at my right as Nathan is at my left. 

“Sang what would you like?” Luke asks me pulling my attention away from the conversation Silas and Gabriel are having about the food at the school. My eyes wonder about the table and I point out a few different boxes that look appetizing. Luke served me and I quickly took the plate before digging in with my fork. I was eating chicken when Gabriel caught my eye. 

“Trouble do you want to use some chopsticks?” My eyes widened and I glanced at the two sticks he had in his hand. Quickly swallowing I glanced around the noisy table noticing that Dr. Green, Victor, and North were using them as well. Interested I nodded and Gabriel smiled handing me an extra set. Pulling them out of the wrapper I pulled them apart and tried to get a good hold on them with my fingers. 

Laughter boomed in my ear and I glanced over at North who smiled at me. “Would you like some help baby girl?” He smiled demonstrating how to hold them. Working my fingers into the same positions I was able to pick up a piece of broccoli and bringing it to my lips. Chewing I smiled happily to North who ruffled my hair and I continued to try to pick up different pieces of food on my plate. 

“Luke what are you doing?” I glanced up to see Luke stabbing at a piece of meet with one of the chop sticks in hand. I couldn’t help but giggle as he made an innocent face. 

“I am spearing my food Gabriel.” He said and a few of the other’s laughed all eyes on Luke as he continued to try and get the piece of meat on his skewer but continued to miss.