A Different Beginning Part 87 Updated: 5/10/15 Late Evening

Curled up on the couch between Silas and Mr. Blackbourne with trays and dishes, we enjoyed a television dinner. I have to say it was one of the best meals I had ever had. Truly fantastic. Mr. Blackbourne was a master in the kitchen. He had made burgers for dinner and mine was mouthwatering. To my surprise and embarrassment it was also larger than my hand, as Silas pointed out the first time I tried take a bite sending both of us into giggles and a millimeter smile appeared on Mr. Blackbourne's face.

Once our laughing period subsided and Silas showed me how to take a picture with my phone of the size comparison and send it to the rest of the guys hoping to give them a laugh, we settled into eat. The noise of the television show, Big Bang Theory, played in the background but the silence of food being devoured was obvious.

I was about halfway through mine when my phone began to vibrate. Taking one last bite, I put my food tray down and curled back up taking a look at my phone. I could see the picture I had scent in a smaller form and then a list of different messages to follow making me smile.

Gabriel: See this is why you need to EAT the burger not take pictures of it! Your hand shouldn't be so scrawny!!

Kota: Ha ha! Looks good Sang!

Luke: WHAT!!!! I WANT MR. B'S BURGERS!!!!!!!!

North: To bad Lucian we are having meatloaf tonight. Make sure you eat it and not just take pictures Sang Baby.

Nathan: More like he is going to choke on meatloaf tonight...

Luke: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Little Bird save me!!!!!

North: MY COOKING ISN'T THAT BAD!!!

Dr. Green: Don't believe him Pookie. It is horrible. Good luck Luke!

Giggling harder and harder as messages flooded to my phone, I almost didn't hear Mr. Blackbourne at all. As I looked up from my pink phone my eyes widened in surprise to find Mr. Blackbourne right in front of me holding my tray. Jumping in surprise as my eyes met his soft grey eyes, I let out a gasp and my fingers instantly slipped to my lips.

"I'm sorry?" I whispered unsure as to what he had asked me in the slightest. A soft smile appeared on his face and Mr. Blackbourne shifted my food tray in his hands indicating he was talking about my food.

"Are you done Ms. Sorenson?" His voice was soft but I could almost hear a soft chuckle under his breath. Feeling my face heat up I glanced down at the tray and at the half eaten burger. My fingers fell away from my lips and were quickly replaced by my teeth. Bitting my lips nervously, I glanced down to the floor trying to formulate a response. I didn't want to be rude, the dinner was fantastic, but I wasn't hungry anymore.

"It's okay Ms. Sorenson. If you are not hungry any more I can wrap it up for you to take tomorrow." Mr. Blackbourne stated as if he could read my mind. I quickly glanced up but he gave no emotion away or clue as to what I should do. Biting my lips harder I nodded giving in and I focused back on the floor.