A Different Beginning ~ Part 20 ~ Updated: 1/5/15 Early Evening

A Different Beginning ~ Part 20 ~ Updated: 1/5/15 Early Evening

**POV: Luke**

My eyes were fixed on my phone waiting for a response. Sang had checked in when she got home but hadn’t responded to anyone else's messages since then. It had been a couple of hours since anyone had heard anything and everyone was nervous. North stood next to me looking distraught as he continued to check his phone during each break we took at the church. 

I bit my lip watching him. He wouldn’t last that much longer. But relief came in seconds when Sang responded. I caught North’s shoulder showing him and we quickly put our materials down and read the texts. North swearing the entire time under his breath. Something was wrong. She was barely writing anything and she couldn’t leave the house. My eyes focused on the screen and then looked at the door. I punched a button. 

“Doc. I am at the church with North. Let me go over. I can slip in.” It was only a few seconds before Mr. Blackbourne’s voice filled the phone. 

“Go!” He growled and I clicked the phone off and ran right out the door and down the street racing down and into the forest. Carefully, I slipped up to the roof. I climbed quietly and carefully to the window peaking in. Sang sat on the bed her hair ruffled and out of place. She was okay. 

I knocked and watched her rush over to the window surprised. “Luke…” I heard her whisper and I carefully closed the window behind me and caught her eyes. Thank god she was okay. I quickly did a survey and my eyes went to her cheek. It was off color. Shifting forward I moved closer, closing the space between us. “Hand” I whispered and very gently placed my hand on her cheek looking at the wound. It was a slap mark. Someone had hit her good and hard. I then shifted back a little my mind racing. If they had hit her that hard… her mouth. “Hand” I whispered again and slipped my hands down to the other’s chin lightly pulling it down and opening her mouth. There was blood and it was swollen. She must have bit down by accident when she was slapped. 

I quickly pulled her over to the bed having her rest moving slowly my mind blank and unsure what to do. I felt a vibration from my phone and took it out. Everyone had messaged, worried. Glancing over, I saw the pain in her eyes and her hand slip to her cheek. Someone had done a number on her and it wasn’t just physical. 

I quickly messaged back and sent a response to the other’s before shifting and bringing her closer to me. Shit. I felt the flinch and I knew what I had done wrong. Carefully I brought her close. “Forehead.” I whispered and slowly leaned forward and kissed the other’s forehead. It burned with a fever and I sighed softly holding her. “I have you.” Was all I could say at this moment and I felt the biggest relief as she curled closer. My phone buzzed and I quickly glanced down and sighed. The doc wanted more info but my heart basically stopped reading Mr. B’s message. I was to stay. I couldn’t hide the large smile on my cheeks. 

“Come on beautiful let me see those purely whites.” Smiling I watched as Sang opened her mouth and quickly clicked pictures of her tongue and her cheek. Her eyes widened and I smiled leaning toward her, “I do want one where you are smiling though.” I smiled and clicked at my phone trying to distract. Hearing Sang giggle filled my heart and I smiled watching this strong girl. “Come and get in.” I smiled waving to the bed knowing she was tired.