A Different Beginning ~ Part 108 ~ Settling Down for Bed

Point of view: Sang 

Curled up in Victor's arms, I rested for a little while thinking over the different things we had talked about. What stood out in my mind the most was the fact that Victor could be ripped out of my arms and out of my reach. That was the last thing I wanted and I also didn't want him to worry or feel guilt about what happened to me but I was being put into a difficult situation. Letting out a very slow calm breath, I slowly pull out of Victor's arms and meet his soft fiery eyes that follow every movement I take. 

"I am scared." I whisper and instantly, I feel Victor's arms rush around my sides and pull me closer to the warmth of his body. I allow myself to be shifted but I make sure that I still keep eye contact with Victor. "I don't want you to be taken away. Your parents have no right to take you away from your family biological or not. I feel the same way about what my moth-... what my step mother did." I amend and I feel Victor tense a little under me but I continue staying in his arms. 

"The second I entered the house, I knew that it wasn't going to end well. I had been away from so long and she wouldn't want to see me after time had passed but my father had brought me in anyways under the impression that he would talk to me later. It didn't even take a moment, after my father walked out the door, before she began to hurt me physically and emotionally. It was bad Victor. The atmosphere changed and I felt as though I was being smothered even before she kicked me." I take a deep breath focusing on Victor's pounding heart beat and his hands. "We are family and we are going to stick with each other... I understand that now." I whisper my eyes focusing on Victor. 

After a couple moments of silence, Victor nods and slowly slips his fingers to the back of my head and guides me forward as he gently presses his lips to my forehead and kisses me. We stay like that for a little while before the pressure on the back of my head lessens and I know he has controlled himself. "We are family and we stick together." He whispers back his eyes sad but I can see the comfort as well.  

Sitting up a little, I place a very soft kiss on his lips before pulling back. A small smile appears on his lips and I can't help but lean in again for another kiss and the smile grows. Soon the kiss has grown into a passionate kiss and Victor's hands are roaming my sides. Breaking the kiss for air, I slowly pull back and Victor's eyes dance wildly in front of me. "You my princess are amazing." He whispers before pulling me into my chest ending our small make-out session just in time for a knock to be heard on the door.

"Pookie?" The door opens a little bit and I smile sitting up a little to meet the soft green eyes of Dr. Green. He smiles back opening the door a bit wider and entering the room. I carefully rest my head on Victor's chest as he rubs my back drawing me closer to him. "Everything okay?" I meet Dr. Green's eyes once more and smile nodding. "Good. Its getting late and I would like to change your bandages once more. Do you want to go into another room or-" 

I can feel Victor's arm tense around me and I know instantly that they are talking silently when I shift into a sitting position. Victor's warm eyes are filled with worry and I gently slip my fingers into his hand and give it a squeeze. "Would you stay?" I manage softly and his eyes instantly widen as he nods. 

"Yes." He whispers placing a soft kiss on my lips and I slowly move to the edge of the bed Victor following behind me. I notice a smile on Dr. Green's lips and I can't help but return one as I make it to the edge. 

"Are you getting sore?" Dr. Green whispers gently helping me lift my shift off. I feel myself begin to get nervous as I reveal the extent of the bandages covering my body to Victor. Nodding slowly, the question almost fading into the air, I bite my lip hard as Dr. Green begins to remove my bandages. 

I focus on Victor's hands in my own as I stay turned toward Dr. Green and Victor stays behind me. Every time Dr. Green unwraps another layer of bandages exposing more skin to the air I can hear Victor's breath catch in worry or maybe in disgust. I am unsure but by the time we are down to the final bandage my own breath is coming out ragged. 

"Sang..." Dr. Green's voice is gentle as his warm fingers slip to my neck taking my pulse. Tears form in my eyes as I suddenly recall my mother screaming my name in that basement and I flinch nervously. But instantly Victors hands draw me back as he places a slow pressured kiss on my neck. With all of my heart, I want to turn around and hide in his chest but I am now naked sitting in front of Dr. Green with my whipped back in front of Victor and I am untouchable. 

Tears slowly slip down my cheeks as Dr. Green cleans the wounds and rewraps my back... my chest... my stomach... my sides... before easily slipping a silk black collared button down pajama shirt. "Princess..." The sound of Victor's voice breaks the silence and instantly I am in Victor's arms sobbing my sore body shaking as I cling to him with all of my might. "Princess..." He whispers again in my ear his hands carefully running over the bandages on my back bringing me closer. 

"You did a good job Pookie." Dr. Green whispers behind me running his fingers through my hair and I nod a little curling up into Victor's chest as I try to calm down. Meanwhile, Victor has slipped his hands under my legs and my back lifting me bridal style and carrying me out of the room and into the hallway. My arms wrap around his neck and I hide my tear stained face into his chest as he approaches the edge of the hall where I can hear the boys chatting quietly below. 

"Mr. Blackbourne..." He whispers and suddenly the room is quiet besides my sniffling. 

"Mr. Morgan?" Mr. Blackbourne's voice is soft when he replies and Victor shifts a little keeping me close in his arms. 

"I suggest we all retire for the night." Victor whispers and I instantly know that they are communicating through their eyes for without any question everyone starts to move. Staying curled up into Victor's chest, I feel his lips by my ear as he straightens. "Are you okay to say goodnight to everyone?" 

Surprised, I pause for a moment before nodding and I am placed on my feet. Victor's hands resting on my waist, I quickly rub my eyes and clean up my face before straightening myself and turning to the stair case. Silas and North are the first to make it up the stairs and I give each of them a gentle hug and a kiss. 

North's hug is warm and comforting as he gently places a kiss on my cheek and rubs my back whispering to me that everything will be alright. Silas on the other hand cracks a joke that makes me smile and him in return. Both of them head into their bedroom and close the door. 

Next is Gabriel and Luke both who look exhausted themselves. Gabriel smiles and swirls me around a little bit before he gives me a good night kiss and Luke places multiple kisses on my face before they to disappear into their bedroom. 

Dr. Green gives me a gentle hug from behind and I turn around placing a soft kiss on his lips which makes him smile. "Thank you for taking care of me." I whisper and he lightly caresses my cheek before moving to his room. 

"You know that it isn't ever a problem." He calls back before shutting the door and Nathan and Kota appear. 

Smiling, I wrap my arms around Kota's neck and he places a very soft and sweet kiss on my lips before wrapping his hands around mine and placing kisses on each one of my fingers. Nathan on the other hand easily lifts me and rocks me a little in his arms telling me that I am welcome in their bed tonight if I get scared. 

And lastly, Mr. Blackbourne appears in sight and picks me up from Nathan's arms and I settle into the crook of his neck comfortably smiling. "Time for bed Ms. Sorenson. You have had a long day."