𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡ℎ

I woke up the next morning only to find Link sleeping on the floor next to my bed with a blanket and pillow. I yawned, "Link?" He groaned and turned over. "Hm..." He said. "Why are you in here?" I didn't remember him coming into my room. "Zelda...she kicked me out of my room." Link looked up at the ceiling, and back me. "She said something about 'mutual feelings,' don't know what that was supposed to mean."

"What?"

"Yeah."

I sighed and got out of bed. Well, I know exactly what it means, I thought. Link got up a little bit after I did and hugged me. I became flustered. "Link? What are you doing?" I asked him. "Nothing...just hugging you. For being a good...friend." I hugged him back and then he broke the hug. "Well, I'm gonna go get ready. You might wanna do the same." I said. He nodded, opened the door, and left.

Today was the day we are going home. Kind of exciting. The construction was almost finished, and Riju said that she wouldn't be needing us anymore. (Not in that way. Nicer, I swear.)

So I was getting ready, and packing all at once. I was great at multitasking, it was great. Zelda and Sidon on the other hand were staying here. For some reason, Zelda realized she was wrong about Link. That's why she was so happy. After she went out of my room, she came back with snacks and that type of thing. She didn't leave until 12 and said she realized Link wasn't the love of her life, it was someone else. She didn't tell me who or what, but that was what she said.

It was nice that my sister was being nice and all, but it couldn't have been any weirder seeing my sister talking to me. Not arguing, but o me. So, essentially, I didn't go to sleep until 1 is. I didn't mind. After all, my sister was being nice to me and because I didn't know when that would happen ever again. Zelda was one of those people that has mood swings at the oddest times. So, it could have been just one of her mood swings. But I took advantage of that anyway.

Another thing that I can't stop thinking about, is that I and Link almost kissed. Hence the word, almost. But then Zelda knocked. Don't get me wrong, I love our little chat, but really? Even though I got flustered every time I thought about it, it felt good. I never kissed him, but I felt like I did.

Then when I started to imagine what could've happened, I realized that I loved Link. But why? He used to be my sister's boyfriend. Wouldn't that look bad?

By then, I had overthought it. But the feeling of me loving him, still lingered there. In the open. And Zelda knew. Then it occurred to me. Was the reason Zelda was so happy was that she knew? Is that how she planned on ruining my life? What if Link didn't feel the same?

"She said something about mutual feelings...don't know what that means."

"What?"

"Yeah."

Maybe he didn't feel the same. Maybe he never would.

"You're a good...friend."

The more I thought about it, the more stressed I got. He didn't love me. He only that of me as a friend.

Zelda wanted to humiliate me.

✧・゚: ✧゚・:

Once I was done packing, I went to go get my horse, which was in one of the stables outside of Gerudo Town. Then, I left. Without Link, without Zelda, without...anyone. Just myself.

I was alone.

(A/N): Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! 🙏👀✨ You are amazing and I love you all! ✨❤