The beginning of the end

It had been a year since the Calamity, and all was well. Link had recovered his memory and realized he loved Zelda. Zelda loved him, they started dating, my father didn't approve, so Zelda convinced Link to date right under his nose. I would say it was great.

I had my own life of course, but my sister could have never been more stubborn. I tried to talk her out of it so she wouldn't get in trouble, but my efforts were in vain.

I stopped worrying about that, however. Now, it's time for a new me. During and before the Calamity, I was defenseless. I constantly got attacked by the Yiga Clan, while, travelers would always help me get out of my situation. I stayed in Hateno village as Link and Zelda defeated Calamity Ganon. So...I was pretty much just on the sidelines. Not helpful or anything.

So today, I was going to get my first defense lesson with Link. Zelda thought it would be fine. Way before they started dating, and Link? He was still up for the idea. Of course,  couldn't be rude or anything to tell him no. So I said yes. I was heading to the training quarters in the palace, and I wasn't far away from it either, which kind of disturbed me. Zelda and I were not speaking to each other because I told her not to do something that could have gotten her in trouble. So I was a great sister up until now.

When I finally got there, I saw Link standing there with his master sword, dressed in his hero's tunic and some trousers. He waved at me with a warm smile, something I found strange because his face would always be serious. I wave back and from the corner of my eye, I see something. Blonde with blue eyes. Oh. Zelda was here, she was not happy. She looked mad. She glared at me.

Link waves me over and starts doing the Hylian sign. 'Ready to start?' I smile and nod. Getting my sword ready, he started showing me some basic techniques of defense. But I could Zelda as glob in the corner of my eye, but she was red. Link started explaining why he grunts when using a sword. Turns out when he grunts, he's helping himself breath. A bit odd but ok.

✧・゚: ✧゚・:

The lesson lasted an hour, and I was watching Link sign, and Zelda in the corner, practically glowing red. When I was walking back towards my room, Zelda came up to me, "You like Link don't you?!" Her face was red once again. "No. Why would you think that?" I replied, she wasn't joking or smiling, she was...mad, sad, and confused. Then it hit me. "Did you break up?" When I said that, Zelda broke down. She was crying in my arms, repeating 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

"What happened?..." Zelda looked down and took something out of her pocket. She had sewn into her dress in secret. She took out a letter, and handed it to me. I read it out loud,

"I love you Zelda. So much so, that I want to break up. I can't keep the thought of that, if we get caught, you might get into trouble. So, consider this the end of our relationship. With lots of love, Link."

I gasped. The thing I feared would happen, was happening. I was hugging Zelda, and letting her tell me all the details, and how much she loved Link. I was hurt when she kept saying she loved him, but I was never sure why.