Honesty 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 Policy

In the next couple of days, I was home in Hyrule. But along the road, I wasn't lonely. I had myself, and the nice gentlemen at the stables. So, it wasn't so bad.

***

"Tell me, Ma'am-"

"Y/N." I smiled. "Excuse me?" He said, genuinely confused. "Oh! Please, call me Y/N." I clarified. "Well, please do tell me, Y/N, what brings here? I could never imagine a young lady out here alone."

"Yes...I went to Gerudo Town to visit my cousin, and well I spent a couple of days there and now I'm going back to Hyrule" I responded to his question with a half-lie. He chuckled. "Well then young lady, you know how to tell a small fib, but this is anything but that." He shook his head. I froze up. "Although, it's fine if you don't want to tell me. I am not one to know your business." He smiled and turned around back to the stable.

"Wait!" I said, feeling bad for lying. "Yes?"

"I apologize. For lying I mean. It wasn't right. If you would like, I could tell you the whole story? But it's pretty long." I laughed nervously. "Well, if you suppose." He said, turning back to me.

I explained to him everything. He listened understandingly, and it made me feel like that's what I needed. To talk to someone. I needed to get everything off of my chest. Not with Zelda, not with Link, not with my father. But someone and this man made me feel safe.

Once I was finished, he said, "It's interesting alright." He said. "But can I tell you something?" I nodded. "Tell this boy how you feel. Before anyone's feelings fade away," he fixed his hair, "and forget about that sister of yours." He chuckled. I laughed and said goodbye.

Before I left he said, "and remember, honesty is the best policy. No one will trust a fibber." I smiled and nodded and headed for home.

***

I was in my bed, staring at the ceiling having nothing else to do. I thought if what I did was right or not. Or if Zelda or Link or anyone really, cared about where I had been. Father was currently at a council meeting. So I had the castle to myself. But I had nothing I wanted to do. I got here two days ago, so I've been alone for two days straight.

But I keep thinking, was it stupid of me to just go like that? Without a note or anything?

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden slam of the door. I got scared and grabbed the sharpest object near me and opened the door to my bedroom.

"Y/N! Y/N! Where are you?!" I heard Link and Zelda's voices yelling out my name.  "What! What! What are you talking about?!" I imitated them and laughed. Link turned to me, "Y/N! Your okay!" He ran straight towards and hugged me with great impact. Then he grabbed my shoulders. "Where the heck have you been?!" 

"Coming home?" I said. "You said we would come back together! And anyway, you don't need to be disappearing." I laughed, "Aw, was Linky worried?"

He blushed, "Yes. I was very much worried, Y/N!" He hugged me again. "Please don't ever do that again."

Zelda came up. "Let her go! You're going to suffocate her!" She pulled us apart and then she hugged me. "Don't do that ever again got it? The link was worried sick. And so was I of course, but really!? Don't that."

✧・゚: ✧゚・:

After getting scolded, Link and I went outside the castle and sat down under the same tree we were alone in for a while. I laid down. "Were you worried?" I asked him.

"Of course, Y/N. Zelda was too. I've never seen her so frantic." He laughed. "So what about you?"

"I was calm. Calm. I knew we were going to find you so I was calm." He chuckled nervously.

"Honesty is the best policy," I smirked. "What?" He asked. "Nobody's gonna trust a fiber." I laughed.

He caught on, "Ok, ok, I was probably even worse than Zelda." Link had given in.

"But your right, honesty is the best policy, and your gonna give me tons of it when you tell me why you left." I sighed.