Alone Time

He stayed silent, then finally, gave me a thumbs up and a weak smile. I frowned, "You don't seem too happy." I chuckled dryly. He sighed, "I don't know. I feel like...Zelda isn't for me. Like she never was. I guess everything is different once you start dating." I was shocked. Link talked to me. For the first time. He must have nothing my expression, because he said, "Why the face? Didn't know I could talk?" He laughed, and after a while, I did too.

"Well...Zelda said you had a date tonight." He looked at me and laughed. "Funny joke, Y/N!" Then I looked at him, "What do you mean?" We stayed silent and then he laughed again, "Wow. She must be desperate then..." I nodded.

We stayed there awkwardly, "So," Link began, "How about we hang out for a while?... That is if you want too of course." He blushed, but I could barely see it through the night. "Sure!" I smiled at him, and we got off the stairs that went into the training quarters. We walked outside the castle where there was no one there, not even the guards. We sat under a tree, still near the castle. I tied my (H/C) hair into a bun so it wouldn't blow in my face with all the wind.

Link sat against the tree, one leg out, one crossed. He gestured for me to sit next to him. I sat next to him and we just sat there. Looking up at the sky, Link suddenly said, "So did Zelda tell you we were back together?" I looked down and said, "Yes. She just passed a note to me." I replied, and Link just laughed. We stood there in silence but this time, a comfortable silence. But the only thing I could think about was that Link had talked to me. It was...an awesome feeling. I didn't know why. But it was amazing.

Link looked at the sky and then looked at me. He did it again and he smiled. "What?" I asked, laughing. He stopped staring at me and looked away quickly. "Your very..." He paused for a moment, "Fascinating," he finally said. I laughed at him, while he turned red. Link laughed a little too. Then I realized I wanted to hear and do more with him. "You know, if you ever need someone to talk to...that's not Zelda...I'm here." He smiled in the dark, "Thanks. I appreciate it. I feel that we could make good friends." I cringed at the word friends, and only hoped he didn't see it. Or we could be more, I thought to myself.

But deep down, I felt we could never be more. At least not while Zelda was practically obsessing over Link. I had had a crush on Link before the Calamity, but Zelda confessing her love didn't help my courage.

***
I was trying to find Link. I was hot and sweaty. I was going to tell him I felt. Today was the day.

"Zelda!" I heard Link say. "Hey, Link! I'm glad you were able to come." Zelda smiled at him. "So what did you want to tell me?" There was silence, as I hid behind one of the castle walls practically not breathing.

"Link...I wanted to tell you, that just in case we don't survive this great prophecy...that I love you." My heart dropped into my stomach. There was more silence. Then I heard, "I love you too, Zelda." A tear fell down my cheek and onto my (F/C) dress. I ran back inside the castle, into my room, and cried. Zelda came in. Noticing my state, she said, "Time for dinner. Please fix yourself up, sis!" She smiled and left.

As the older sister, she never took care of me. It was the other way around. So, I decided never to rely on her again.

***
"Y/N?" Link said, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, tears threatening to spill, just thinking about the reoccurring memory.

Link got up and extended his hand, helping me get up. When I got up, he pulled me into a hug.

"What you said to me, I'll always be there when you need to talk to someone...I will always do to you." He said into the hug. I smiled and cried into the hug. He was there, hugging me, and caring for me, and lending me a shoulder to cry on.

Something Zelda, my sister, would never do.