"I'm really sorry. I- I know that a single word can't do anything, but I'm really sorry about what I d- did."

"Get up, Kim."

"No, please let me apologize. This burden is eating me, please." That was desperation, Jungkook had before but now, he was too shocked to act.

"You tried to help me, even with the case of my uncle and then this- but what did I do to you?" Those clasped hands were getting tight around each other, making his skin dark pink from the spots.

"It was my fault but I hurt you instead. I'm really sorry.. please forgive me, Mr. Jeon." Jungkook licked his lips hastily, hands shaking to hold the other, to wipe his tears but he couldn't do so.

"Please." Jungkook lost it when the other was about to hit his head on the floor. He quickly fell to his knees and stopped the other by his shoulders.

"Snap out of it, Kim. It's ok. Forget it all, I'm good." Taehyung shook his head and his shaky finger pointed towards the cheek that he slapped in the morning.

"I- I hurt you. Do the same." Jungkook cocked his brow but gasped lightly when Taehyung grabbed his hand to hit himself.

"Taehyung! Stop it! I said it was fine. I forgive you, then why you're doing that?" Taehyung again looked down, more tears falling on his lap.

"I'm feeling so horrible, my mind is mocking me, and my heart has not rested since I got to know the truth. I know, you're not fine... I did so wrong with you, especially when you're trying to help me. I'm such a bad person, a bad human!" Taehyung was rambling at the point and Jungkook can't just watch him, breaking down.

He sighed and held Taehyung's shoulders to make him stand, his grip so gentle just like the tone he used next. 

"It's really fine. Hm?"

"No, I slapped you, you can slap me." Jungkook chuckled at that, taking the other by surprise.

"You think it was your slap that hurt me?" He wanted to say more, like 'it's your words that are still stinging in my heart' but he shut his mouth seeing the condition of the other, he just can't make him feel more burdened.

"Let me call Jimin. He will pick you up from here. It's quite late." With that, Jungkook quickly called Jimin who was worried sick for Taehyung as both Yoongi and he had been searching for him since the evening because the phone was dead.

"Ok, I'll text you the address. Hm. Ok." He ended the call and sent his address to Jimin.

"He will be here in half an hour or so." Taehyung kept fidgeting with the blanket. He wasn't crying anymore but the burden was still there.

"Why- why did you help me?" Jungkook stopped moving on the question.

Because I want to see you happy, to make you like me a bit.

"Because I wanted to repay you for saving my Dada's life." He said instead and quickly rushed to the kitchen, leaving a puzzled brunet in the living room.

After a few minutes, Jungkook came out of the kitchen with a mug of hot chocolate milk but stopped on his way to the view.

Taehyung was cuddling the blanket closer to his body, knees hugging his chest as he placed his foot on the couch to feel the warmth more. Only his brown hairs were coming out of the cocoon he made. The sight sends another pang in Jungkook's heart.