Ch. 29: Partnership (Brett)

Start from the beginning

While I was focusing on my goals, things with Scout and I were becoming too... weird. I had always known Scout since college and I always admired him as a colleague and a friend. We even shared a few secrets with each other. He was my ride and die from a friends' perspective and we always could depend on each other for anything.

Somehow, Scout hadn't opened up to me about his personal life and I was getting worried about that. I would walk into his office and he would be on the phone talking to someone that I never knew who. Yet, each time, there would be a smile on his face. Was he talking to someone? Was he seeing someone? Who was she? Or was it a he? I never seemed to ask if he was gay or not. I don't think Scout is gay. I couldn't understand how Scout was getting happier with things and I wasn't in the known.

Whenever Scout would finish with his phone call, our conversation would be the same.

"Everything okay?" I would ask.

"Oh yeah," Scout replied. "My mom was just telling he about all her friends achievements and how happy she was for them."

Somehow, Scout's mom had too many friends because this went on for some time. Even though I knew Scout's mom to be a very charitable and caring person, it seemed strange that her mom would call him about her friends. I figured something serious was happening. I then found out sooner, rather than later.

A few nights before we left for our first playoff game, I was walking out to my car. I usually didn't stay up too late at the office, but Kendra had fell under the weather and was unable to get to work. Even though I gave her tasks to do, I was always willing to help if she couldn't get to them. After all, I used to be an intern myself.

Well, I finished the tasks, which took longer than I thought. But, I was glad to get my job done that day. I was walking to my car in the parking lot when I saw Scout standing on the curb of a street. I thought that was pretty strange. Scout usually drove his car to work. Why was he waiting on the street? I guess his car was in a repair shop or something.

I decided to drive by and ask Scout if he needed a ride. Before I could, a green pickup truck pulled alongside him and he got in. I was a bit surprised that someone would pick him up at this time. I had never seen the truck nor the person before and it made me worried scared. My suspicions started to kick in. I decided to follow the truck.

We drove for a few miles until I saw the truck was outside Scout's apartment building. Scout got out on the passenger side of the truck and out of the driver's side, I saw this woman who had a tattoo on her bare shoulder, ripped up jeans, and sandals. She also had with her a brown, leather purse. This girl appeared to be pretty.

She and Scout walked to the door when they sat and chatted for a few more moments. Then, the space between their faces closed. Scout and this girl were kissing each other. I watched them from my car and I had to admit feeling this sudden jerk emotion inside me. I did not expect to see this coming and it caught me by surprise. I couldn't believe it. Scout was seeing someone.

What surprised me more was that they were putting their hands on places where they shouldn't be in public. The girl had her hands on Scout's ass while his hands were on her back toward her ass. I was hoping no one else was seeing this because it was becoming to distracting. But, in some creepy way, I found that kind of sexy. I always envisioned that happening to me with Luke, but we never had the chance too.

Soon, the girl walked off and Scout gave her a friendly wave before walking inside the door to his building. Immediately, I decided to take action. I parked my car at a near distance and walked inside the building. I got on the elevator and went to Scout's apartment door. Fixing my hair and outfit, I made sure I was in good appearance to discuss with Scout.