"That's not a point. I have three sisters and I can't even fry an egg."

Samuel laughed.
"That's bad. If I had sisters, you think I wouldn't learn how to cook from them? Mind you, the ladies of nowadays admire guys who cook good food."

  "And what's stopping you from learning how to cook? Doesn't your mommy cook?"

Samuel scratched the back of his head.

"My entire family sucks at cooking. I think it runs through our blood because I heard the first time my grandmother attempted cooking,she nearly burnt the house. Same applies to my mother. She tried heating an already cooked food and the kitchen was in flames seconds later. Not to disgrace them or anything."

I snorted, continuing with my job as I listened to their conversation.

"That's bad."Chris laughed, leaning his hip on the counter."Don't ever attempt cooking when you're alone at home. If your mom could cause flames in the kitchen, I bet you'd do more than that and not even realize until you turn ashes."

  "Hey!"he punched a chuckling Chris on the shoulder as their back and forth continued.

I chuckled lowly. These two.

A couple of guys entered the kitchen, sparing us a glance as they strolled to the other side.

   "Freshers huh?"one of them asked to which we nodded simultaneously.

  "Whatcha cookin'?"

"Just rice."Samuel answered for me."Cafeteria's overfilled,we didn't want to wait."

  "Mm."

Thankfully,they turned their backs after that and didn't bother us anymore.

A strong urge to pee suddenly gripped me so I chucked the little apron away, tapping Chris on the shoulder.

    "Keep an eye on the food as it simmers and afterwards, you guys can dish yours out. I'm making a dash to the bathroom."

  "Okay."Chris and Samuel nodded and with that, I made for the door. I didn't forget they were watching my back so my swag way of walking was on full display.

After doing my thing, I quickly freshened up, checking for any faults on my appearance.

   "Sam?"

I whipped my head to the direction of the voice and nearly pulled my face to a huge grin but stopped when I realized it wasn't him.

   "Oh hey,Jude."

"What's up bro,"he raised both brows sharply.

  "Cool, you?"

"Same flame. You going back to the cafeteria?"

  "Nah nah." My specs fell below my nose so I quickly pushed it back."What bout you?"

He dried his hand after washing at the sink and shook his head. "I'll just head back to the hostel."

I rocked back and forth on my foot. This was the time.

"So... what's up with your twin?"

   "Nothing–"

"Can you tell me what's going on with him? We're all worried,"I said straightly.

Jude glanced at me, ruffling his own hair."It's nothing serious... just the aftermath of his recent heartbreak. He'll be fine, don't worry."

I consumed the information. "Oh. Where is he?"

Jude started walking towards the door so I followed urgently.
"He wants to be alone for now so I can't tell you."

"I'm not gonna bother him, I promise. I want to help him catch up on the few lectures he has missed. That's all."

He stopped walking, turning to me."I told him that he's missing important classes too. I did everything I could, to let him forget about it and focus on his studies instead. Too bad J is so into the heartbreak. Almost like he'd lost a part of him."

"I mean, wassup? He can't just sit there and watch his aspirations dissolve into nothing because of a bitch who wasn't even good for him. A gold digging bitch. I don't know how else to convince him that it's for the best they broke up."

    "Let me see him."I demanded."Please."

Jude stared at me a second longer then with a barely there nod, "follow me."

_____________________

Next chapter shall be longer, to compensate for this short update.
  Thanks for reading.

Ford ❤️.