𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 , the tell

Start from the beginning

As the brunette prepared to move around Jackson to find the romance section the blonde moved in front of her again, stopping her in her tracks. "You have that look again."

"That look?" She questioned with a furrowed brow. "What look?"

"Well, at first I thought it was the look of when you were thinking about your mom cause Lydia told me she's in town. But I'm starting to think it's a look when you've got something on your mind that you can't shake." He explained with Kinsey looking up at him nervously knowing that he had managed to read her like a book, yet again. "Not that I care... But what's up?"

"Can we just find this movie, please?" Kinsey asked with an exasperated sigh as she moved around him again, but rather than blocking her again he allowed her to walk out of the aisle freely as he stood by her side. They may not have much in common, nor did they talk about their problems but both were very much aware of what happened in the other's personal lives. With or without the help of Lydia's mouth that couldn't help but gossip and share secrets. Like Jackson knew what the look on Kinsey's face meant and what she really felt towards her mother, Kinsey was very aware of the questions that plagued Jackson like how her question about werewolves plagued her. And after she had found out the truth about Jackson she knew that if she found herself in that position then she too would have the same question. Who were his birth parents? All she knew is not ever tell Lydia a secret- she would blurt it out to the entire world if she could.

While Kinsey resorted back to silence and looking down at the ground again Jackson opted for shouting across the store for assistance in finding The Notebook to end both of their tortures in watching it and the somewhat awkward situation he had put them in with his question. The store fell silent as anyone failed to reply to his relentless shouting leave them on their own to find a movie that neither particularly cared about finding, they could always pretend that they didn't own The Notebook and rent another film. That seemed like a good plan B.

As the two walked out of the aisle Jackson placed his arm out, stopping the girl once again as she walked into it. For a split second, she was confused as to why he had stopped in the middle of the store but it took a single glance down the long middle aisle to see behind his reasoning. On the opposite side of the store, barely tucked into one of the left aisles lay a pair of shoes. Completely still. As two teenagers who were well aware of what was happening in this town lately, one more so than the other, both of their minds went straight to a body, whether it was how the shoes were placed or because they knew it was strange that shoes would be placed in an aisle would be too random even for this town. Both had the feeling that they were about to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. They considered quickly turning around and leaving but their minds were too curious to just up and leave when they were just a few feet away from what could be a dead body that might be claimed as the latest murder of Beacon Hills. The third death in just a few weeks. The girl in the woods which she now knew to be Derek's older sister, Laura Hale, the bus driver who had eventually died in the hospital and now the potentially dead person that lay in the video store just outside of town only to be found by two teenagers who had come in to find The Notebook. A romance. Not a horror.

Kinsey and Jackson shared a fearful look before nodding at one another to confirm that they were the two stupid teens at the beginning of every horror movie who were stupid enough to stay a place they should ever so clearly run from. As the two stepped closer, slowly, Kinsey found herself gripping onto the sleeve of his leather jacket for comfort as he continued to place his arm in front of the girl stopping her from straying too far away from him. The closer the two got to the aisle the more both felt a churning in their stomach dreading the sight they were about to be met with, part of them hoping this was just some severely messed up joke that the employees do to young teenagers when they get bored in the middle of their night shifts. Their grips tightened as they took the last step before the aisle, swallowing the large lump in their throats before daring to peek around the corner but nothing would have prepared them for this sight.