♒︎ Mini Cruise ~ ℚ𝕦𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕥𝕪 ♒︎

Y/N - your name

~<♒︎>~

After eating at the restaurant, Alex has another surprise.

I'm curious as to what it is, but a surprise is a surprise.

He holds my hand and leads me down the dock, past a lot of boats. He stops in front of a woman sitting in a chair at a small table in front of another dock leading to a small boat.

Next to the small table is a sign reading "Mini 30-minute cruise - $10 per person".

I look at Alex in surprise, and he gives me a small smile. I shake my head and we step forward, closer to the lady at the table.

"Good evening, you're here for the cruise?" she asks kindly.

Alex nods.

"Yep, we are." he replies as I am practically bouncing on my heels.

The lady laughs at my childish antics, but I can't help but feel excited for this.

Alex pays for us and we get on the boat for our little cruise.

~♒︎~

Alex and I sit side-by-side, gazing at the water as the boat glides. He takes my hand and smiles at me.

I return the smile and fold my free arm on the edge of the boat and rest my head on it.

I sigh, closing my eyes and just enjoying the sounds, the rocking of the boat on the small waves, the warmth of Alex's hand around mine.

"Hey." Alex softly says, gaining my attention.

I open my eyes and peer at him.

"I got you something."

My eyes widen a little as he digs into his pants pocket to bring out a small box. A small rectangular box, containing some kind of jewelry. I let out a small gasp.

"Alex, I-..." I stammer as he holds it out to me.

I sigh and take it. I hesitate and glance at him for a second. He only smiled warmly at me.

I glance back down at the box and slowly open it to reveal a beautiful necklace. It's a thin-chain necklace with a charm containing my birthstone.

It was such a stunning piece of jewelry.

I gape at it for a moment before I look up at him again.

"Alex, wh-" I stutter out. "How expensive was this?!"

He laughs.

"I take it that you like it..?"

He sounds unsure, a small worried grimace on his face.

Yep, this was definitely an expensive necklace.

"Are you serious?!"

I jump forward and hug him tightly, taking him by surprise. He chuckles and hugs back.

"I'll take that as a yes." he mutters into my hair, sighing in contentment.

"It is, oh it is. Yes, I like- wait, no, I don't like it, I love it."

He snickers at my little rant.

"Thank you, Alex."

We pull back from the hug and he takes the box.

"Want me to put it on you?" he asks, I nod.

I turn around and he gingerly puts the necklace around my neck. I turn back to face him and his face lights up.

"You look so pretty..." he smiles widely, just staring.

"You look as handsome as ever." I retort, smirking back.

He shakes his head, the sweet smile never leaving his face.

We lean against each other, relaxing to the sounds of the water and the rocking of the boat once more.

~♒︎~

We walk back up the dock, hand-in-hand. It was a short cruise, but it was so nice.

"Thanks again, Alex." I look at him, smiling.

He looks back at me and grabs my other hand with his.

"You know I love you, right?" he mutters, making butterflies flutter around in my stomach.

I nod.

"I love you too."

His smile grows and he leans in, placing his soft lips on mine.

I feel the butterflies in my stomach grow. I melt into the kiss, and we pull away.

"Happy birthday, love." Alex says, kissing me again.

I smile into the kiss.

~<♒︎>~

Short but sweet 💕