❥ Stood Up ~ 𝔾𝕖𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖 ❥

Y/N - your name

Brit reader

~<❥>~

I linger at the host stand like always, just doodling on one of the small paper squares I always bring.

I tend to draw when it's quieter and when less people come in during the day.

I see someone walking toward the front in my peripherals and look up to see a cute guy. He looks to be a little bit taller than me, a few inches maybe.

"Hello there, how many today?" I ask him and he smiles. (Why'd I think of Obi-Wan Kenobi-)

"Uh, two. I am meeting someone here but she's not here yet."

"Ooh, is it a date, perhaps?" I ask him as I grab two menus and two rolls of silverware.

"Yeah, I met her at a cafe and we talked a bit, became friends. I asked her out one day and she said yes, so here we are."

"That's nice, I hope she's cool." I say, gesturing for him to follow me to his table.

I take him to one of the booths by the window so she can likely see him when she gets here. I set the menus and silverware down.

"Thank you." he says.

"You're very welcome. I'll keep an eye out for her. What's the name?" I ask.

"George."

"Alright, your server will be with you soon."

He thanks me again and I walk back to the host stand to keep an eye out for his date.

~❥~

It's been roughly half an hour, no sign of George's date.

I wonder when she is supposed to come.

I grow a little concerned and I go to ask George about it.

"Do you know when she is supposed to be here?" I ask, and he was resting his chin on his hand before I came over.

He looks concerned as well.

I also see that he had received his drink, along with a glass of ice water for whomever was supposed to meet him.

"Uh, I think we agreed for her to meet me around 7." he says with a sigh. "I got here a little before 7. It's been over half an hour. I hope nothing's happened."

I pat his shoulder.

"She'll be here..." I say, trying to be a little comforting. "...I hope."

He chuckles, nodding.

"I hope so, too."

I walk back to the host stand and, again, wait for his date.

~❥~

It's been another half hour and there's still no sign of George's date.

I've sat a few other small parties, and I'm starting to get annoyed.

Though I can't draw conclusions, maybe something happened.

Maybe his date got hung up on something.

Maybe they got into an accident..?

Uh, maybe... yeah I have no idea.

I heave out a sigh, crossing my arms and leaning on them.

Suddenly, I see a lady around my age approach the restaurant.

She's wearing a short sky blue dress, it's a cute one.