༄ Shivers ~ 𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 ༄

TW/CW: mention of toxic relationships
Angsty, but a happy-ish ending.
Y/N - your name
Any pronouns for this reader

~<༄>~

𝙸𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚎
𝙾𝚑-𝚠𝚘𝚊𝚑
~༄~

Them and Dream loved each other once, though they would never admit it. They met in high school, starting off as simple crushes. Cliché, yeah, I know. That's still how it was between them for a while. They were both seniors when he finally asked them out. They of course said yes.

It had been like that for a while, constant dates and affection. But as their relationship went on, they seemed to have gotten sick of each other...

They started arguing about small things. It never got physical, just a bit... toxic.

~༄~
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜
𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝
~༄~

They never thought much of it, thinking it was maybe a phase they were going through, but it lasted too long for comfort.

"It's nothing." Y/N would say in response to him asking what was wrong or if he asked what was happening between them. That was the answer every time, from either of them.

They weren't sure how to cope with what was going on and what they were feeling anymore.

Before, it was affection and love, but now it was just harmful words and confusion.

~༄~
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 "𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢"
𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔, 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚢
~༄~

They would say something they didn't mean, and the other would explode.

Either they would ignore each other or try to talk it out, which would escalate into yet another argument. They would do this often, not realizing how bad they were hurting each other.

It got to the point where one of them would say "Whatever" and stormed out of the place somewhere else for a little while, leaving the other to their thoughts.

~༄~
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚗𝚘, 𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜
𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝
~༄~

The arguments that would ensue are often about something small, escalating into something larger and more important.

It was always something.

It never changed.

It was the same thing over and over again, and they both were growing sick and tired of it.

~༄~
𝙸 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸'𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞
~༄~