𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 ⸺ 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬.

0643 local hours. Years 7963 (14 BBY.)
Eastern Woods Village, Mirial.

CAL.

⚡︎ ⁺.  ◍ 。

𝓐S ALWAYS, THE shimmering patterns brought some comfort to Cal. He let out a deep breath, focusing his eyes on the floating rocks on the horizon, then diverting his gaze to the patterns spreading around him, the energies of the people and objects around him. His eyes met the one symbolizing his bond to Væmas, which's light was almost extinct.

Cal closed his eyes, setting his palms on his knees, and concentrated all his focus on the bond, diverting life-force into it. First, nothing. And then, a feeble sound.

Cal.

The pattern pulsed weakly as he jerked his eyes open. "Væmas?"

Cal.

It was her voice calling him, the presence growing stronger and stronger by the minute. His heartbeat raised as he could almost smell her scent, like she was right next to him. "Where are you?"

His question echoed around in the meditating area, remaining unanswered for a moment. Then, all around where he knelt, his surroundings changed. Undulating like living smoke, a palace materialized in front of his eyes, followed by waterfalls, luxurious fields and underwater cities. It hit him as the vision faltered away, his focus shifting.

Naboo.

Cal gasped as he fell backwards, his back hitting the wooden floor of Shunji's room.

"Are you all right?"

Ireza crouched next to him as he raised his hands to his head, trying to make sense of the images he just saw. "I know where she is."

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

The ship waited for them outside the city, so that Cal had to make his way through the village, every single of its inhabitants wanting to thank him in person for liberating their home. After numerous smiles and handshakes, he managed to reach the Dragon Wing, and frowned upon seeing Ireza leaning against the ramp.

"I didn't think you would come." He said, crossing his arms as he stopped across the doorway. "You just got your people back."

She scoffed. "I owe you a debt, Kestis. And I intent to repay it."

And with that, she disappeared inside the ship. Cal rolled his eyes, following her inside the cockpit as they took off and seared into the morning sky. When they entered hyperspace, Ireza grazed past him in direction of the backroom. "Come on. This will take a few hours."

He followed her and let himself fall on a crate, his fingers coming to brush the wound on his cheek. The bleeding had stopped, but it was still fresh. The contact made him wince slightly. Ireza turned back to him with a cloth in one hand and antiseptic in the other. "Don't move." She said in her usual cold tone as she pressed the cloth on Cal's wound, who couldn't help but shiver.

The silence settled for a moment, Ireza's eyes focused on her task. "You must really care about this girl, willing to travel across the galaxy to find her."

The question took him off guard, making his heart jump. Between all that had happened, he had not even taken the time to think about how he actually felt towards Væmas. He knew that he should be angry at her. Or should he? She gave up dozens of lives to save him, and he had no idea how he should react to that. The only thing he was sure about was that the idea of her gave him a strange sensation in his stomach.