𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ⸺ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ────────────
First of all, i'm sorry :) and second, I suggest listening either to Right Here by Chase Atlantic or Paradise by Coldplay (or both if you're more of a slow reader)
Happy reading !

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

0423 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Twi'lek Rebellion Base, Ryloth.

VÆMAS.

⚡︎ .

𝓥ÆMAS HAD NO difficulty in finding the medical wing. Cal's pain and distress were so intense that it left a trail for her to follow. She was desperately hanging on his presence in her mind, it fading away as she ran in the corridors, blood pounding her head.

No, no, no.

She busted into the medical center, the few Twi'leks gathered around a table shouting directions, not one of her looking up to her as the monitors were beeping.

"Where is he?" Væmas asked harsher than she wanted.

One of the nurses stepped away from the table to approach her, revealing Cal on it, wires connected from his bare chest to several monitors. The monitors were beeping at an extremely high rate, and yet, the Twi'lek that approached her, a rather old one with dark blue skin, shook her head as Væmas stumbled to the table and signaled the others to leave the room.

"I'm truly sorry, Master Jedi." She sincerely said with an expression of sympathy. "We are severely under-equipped, and your friend has a head trauma and probably and internal bleeding."

"What—what do you mean?" She stuttered, her eyes going from the woman to the table. "You have to fix him, do something!"

"There is nothing we can do here, besides easing his pain. He only has a few minutes left." The woman calmly said, before laying a sympathetic hand on Væmas' shoulder, unaware of the impact of her words on her. "I'll let you say goodbye. Again, I'm terribly sorry."

And with that, she left the room, the silence only pierced by the machinery only a pale reflection of the hole just pierced in Væmas' heart. She grabbed a chair and let herself down on it, her eyes watering. Cal's face blurred, making her wipe her eyes, biting her lips to provide the tears from falling.

The last words he said to her, back in the woods, came back in mind. I can't leave you alone. But he still was.

There were too many things unsaid between them and even more to be told. When she took his hand, his skin was cold, and his heartbeat was accelerating by the minute. Focusing her power, she managed to slow it a bit, but only for a few minutes.

The realization took time to hit her. Væmas took a deep breath before closing her eyes, her mind disconnecting from the present time as she tried to access Cal's mind, not through her powers, but this time, by using their link. It was as the end was so fragile, about to be severed.

Cal? Can you hear me?

Only the darkness responded. And it's only when she was brutally pulled back to the present that she realized the tears streaming down her face. And then she took a few minutes to become aware of the long beeping that had replaced the regular pulse of the monitor measuring Cal's heartbeat.

No.

"Cal." She said, her heartbeat rising, getting up and putting her hands on his face, her voice broken by sobs. "Cal, don't to this to me. Wake up!"