𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ⸺ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬.

1856 standard hours. Years 7963 (14 BBY.)
The Dragon Wing, Outer Rim Space.

CAL.

⚡︎ ⁺. ◍ 。 ⠀

              "𝓦HEN THE EMPIRE came, the village was reorganized in a working camp. A fortified wall was constructed around the perimeter, as well as guard checkpoints here, here, here, and here."

Cal studied the holomap, his brows furrowed together. The village was better guarded than he'd anticipated. They would have to think outside of the box for this one. "Patrols?" He asked, his eyes focused on the guard turrets.

"Five a rotation." Ireza answered, pointing to the walls, where paths could be seen at the top. "Four hours each. Our best chance is to attack at night. Unlike my men, the Empire don't know the territory."

Cal crossed his arms. "What do you suggest?"

Ireza zoomed forward on the front gate. "A full forward assault. We blow up the door and free the prisoners, while you head for the tower and deal with this scum of a governor." Her voice had become lower on the last words, Cal not needing to be an empath to feel the lust for revenge fueling her.

"It's too risky." He countered prudently, shaking his head. "You don't have the numbers for this kind of attack."

"The Empire will never expect it!"

"Yes, because it's suicide." He gestured to the numerous houses inside the village's gates. "Besides, the citizens could be caught in the middle of a firefight."

Ireza bit her lip, taking in his argument, her eyes fixed on the map. "Do you have a better idea?" She finally inquired, raising her gaze back to Cal.

He raised a hand to stroke his chin, evaluating the height of the wall and taking in the thick vegetation surrounding the village. The purple trees were close enough from one another to hide a whole army. This thought alone gave him an idea. "You said your men now the terrain. A small group of them could create a distraction by planting explosives away from the village. That way, the Empire would be forced to open the gates and send troops out to investigate. The rest of your men could then sneak into the village to liberate the prisoners, while you and I come in through the back wall."

Ireza kept her eyes on the holomap, considering his words. "What about the patrols? If they spot us, the attack is over before it even begins."

"We will have to act during the guard change. It's a small window of opportunity, but it could work."

Silence installed for a few seconds as Ireza rolled her necklace between her fingers in a distracted gesture, the blue of the map giving a lighter shade of purple to her eyes. She finally turned it off and sighed. "Fine. We'll do it your way, Kestis. Let's hope it works. "

The subliminal threat did not escape him as he watched her turning away from him and heading into the cockpit, the door hissing shut behind her. A deep sigh escaped him as he let himself fall on a crate, rubbing his eyes. What the kriff have I gotten myself into?

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆
0243 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY.)
Eastern Sector Forest, Mirial.

The wall was even higher than what Cal expected. Even from the distance, all he could make out was the top of the governor's tower behind it and the small figures of the stormtroopers patrolling on the top, lightened up by the beams of lights sweeping the surrounding areas. Next to him, Ireza blended perfectly in the vegetation, her hood pulled back on her head and scarf covering her mouth and nose. Cal, on the other hand, was as visible as a rancor in the desert; or so, that's what the rest of the crew was saying. Truthfully, red hair and camouflage did not really go well together, and so he crept back behind the giant purple tree, occasionally glancing at the objective. The guard change should occur any minute now.