𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ⸺ 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 & 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Unknown time. Year 7962 (15 BBY)
Crimson Station, Sullust.
Trial n°125.

⚡︎

     "𝓐GAIN. FULL POWER." A calm, freezing voice ordered.

The silence was pierced by the harrowing screams of the young woman stranded on the chair as the machine powered up again, sending electric waves all over her, in an unnatural purple color.

"Director, her vitals are weakening. She will not be able to sustain the charges much longer." One of the scientists intervened prudently, looking down at the computer near the contraption.

"Hum. Stop it here."

The power went down, leaving the woman nearly unconscious, her short raven hair rendered wet falling on her face. Her pale skin was covered in a thin layer of sweat, her markings almost glowing under the bleak light.

The owner of the voice advanced towards her and lifted of his gloved hands to seize her by the chin. She looked at him through her hair, eyes half-shut, too exhausted to fight back.

However, in her deep blue eyes remained a spark of defiance. One that the man did not appreciate at all.

"Stim injection." He commanded without taking his eyes off her.

One of the red-armored stormtroopers advanced to stab a needle in her shoulder, making her wince while gaining a little strength.

"I will not be long before you break, Jedi." The man muttered, looking her straight in the eyes. "And when you do...the entire galaxy will surrender to the might of the Empire."

0915 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Swamp of Sacrifice, Dathomir.

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

A gloved hand placed itself on Væmas' mouth, whose first reflex was to struggle, jumping out of sleep. Her heartbeat accelerated as she felt panic overwhelming her. A measured breath sounded near somewhere behind her, her head resting on something slowly rising and falling.

It's them. It's the Empire. They're here to take me back to Sullust.

"Shhhh." A familiar voice ordered from behind her. "It's me. Stay quiet."

Væmas took a few seconds to recon where she was, and who was behind her, before her gaze turned to the entrance of the cave. A bunch of undead Nightsister were crawling not that far away, obviously looking for them. After a few moments, they moved along, Væmas, who had stopped struggling, then pushed the hand and whirled around.

"What the h—"

She stopped in the middle of her scowl as a throbbing wave of pain exploded in her side, making her breath hitch and the events of the night before coming back into mind.

"You were screaming in your sleep. They would have found us. Are you okay?"

Væmas looked around the cavern, laying against the wall, trusting its cold to make sure she was still awake. She tried to shake this feeling of unease crawling in her spine and nodded, the irritation of her weakness showing sensible in her voice.

"I'm fine." She retorted harsher than she wanted, although Cal did not seem to be offended by it. She tried to soften her voice. "Just a bad dream."

"Trust me." He scoffed. "I know all about nightmares. How's your rib?"