𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ⸺ 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 & 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ────────────
if you guys really wanna cry, feel free to listen to "burying the dead" from the clone wars series during your reading :)

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

1153 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Nightmare Ruins, Dathomir.

⚡︎

    𝓐S SOON AS she landed a foot in the temple, Væmas was overwhelmed by a wave of negative feelings, fear, pain, suffering, panic, so intense that she stumbled on her feet, thousands of voices crying out loud in her head. She raised a hand on her forehead, wincing.

Next to her, Cal gasped, a sign that he had sensed the same thing.

"Terrible things...have happened here..." She murmured, her eyes scanning around the large and dark interior. Two column rows led to a giant door, to which Væmas felt strangely drawn. Glancing to Cal, they both made their way up the few stairs and, after only exchanging a look, put simultaneously their hand on the door.

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

1405 local hours, Year 7958 (19 BBY).
Cato Nemoidia, Core.

Væmas was falling. The wind was roaring around her as she was unable to form a single thought, apart from the one that she was certainly going to die. She felt like it had been hours, and somehow manage to flip around to have her face directed at the ground. Suddenly, a dark mass came into view, and grew bigger and bigger by the minute.

She thought that it was it, she was going to crash on this giant rock and join the Force. She could already hear her bones crack, the darkness coming into view, calling out to her. As she was only a few meters away, a sudden scream, with the voice of her master, seemed to wake her up brutally.

"PADAWAN!"

Her eyes opened wide and, by pure instinct, she outstretched her hands with a scream and unleashed the biggest Force surge she had ever produced. Her fall slowed brutally down, and she rolled on the rock violently, but alive.

Væmas stayed like this, on her back, looking at the sky, for what seemed forever. Her young mind was yet unable to process what just happened. Again, it was her master's voice who got her on her feet.

"Get up, Væmas. Your fight is not over yet."

Her back protested violently when she got up, but other than that, no other pain, which meant she didn't break anything. Over the thousands of questions and thoughts crossing over her mind, one came brighter than the others, repeatedly, her training instinctively taking over:

"I need to get out of here. Escape now. Questions later."

Examining her surroundings, she picked up her lightsaber that she had dropped when she used the Force to slow herself down and clipped it to her belt.

Far above her, she could still distinguish the bridge-city she fell from, far too high for her to simply jump back on it. Around her stood many rocks, emerging from the acidic oceans. Approximately one hundred meters from her position stood the rock arch on which was attached the bridge city. That she could climb.

Taking a few steps back, she ran towards the edge and jumped on a few meters to the next rock. Luckily, they weren't far from one another, allowing her to reach them pretty easily. After a few minutes, slightly out of breath, she looked up at the huge mountain that faced her, too far and steep to climb.