𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ⸺ 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

1934 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Jiuxian Desert, Ryloth.

VÆMAS.

⚡︎ ⁺.  ◍ 。

             𝓣HE FIRST THING she smelled as jerking her eyes open with a gasp was the scent of fuel and burnt flesh. Smoke penetrated her throat, nose, eyes, making, violent coughs seizing her, eyes watering and throat aching.

"Cal!" Was the first word that came out in a hoarse voice, trying to distinguish her surroundings.

She rubbed her eyes, which only made them burn harder. Sand, fire and debris were everywhere, herself still strapped to her pilot chair, from which she extracted herself, barely standing on her feet. She stumbled to the wreckage, realized she had been ejected a few feet away from her ship. Her clothes were torn apart, her arms covered in cuts and bruises in addition of the dust.

"R9!" She coughed, grabbing what remained of her ship. All that remained poor droid were cables; the rest had probably been blown to pieces during the landing.

When she blinked hazily, tears rolled on her cheek from the heat and sand. She had only said two words since she woke, but her throat felt like she had been screaming for hours. Everything was blurry behind the fire as she managed to stumble behind her ship and found Cal's, most of it in ruins. Squinting her eyes, she made out a form in the cockpit covered in soot and dust.

"Cal!" Væmas called again, putting a hand on the cockpit to wipe out the soot. Cal was unconscious, head tangling forward, blood dropping from his head. Væmas' gaze diverted to the side, in the droid emplacement, where BD still was, unanimated. She extracted the little droid from its place, which luckily seemed pretty much intact apart his antenna which was missing.

After fiddling with the cables and controls, a blue light appeared in its right eye as he rebooted. Upon seeing Væmas, he immediately bombarded her with questions and interrogations, making Væmas raise a hand while reaching for her lightsabers, which, by some miracle, were still attached to her belt.

"Don't worry, little guy." She said with some difficulty while starting to cut out in the cockpit. "I'll get us out of here."

The glass was quickly cut and Væmas used the Force to put it to the ground.

Immediately, Væmas put two fingers on his throat and the relief she felt when feeling his pulse was indescribable. She did not lose any time and ripped the belts before putting her hands under his arms and extracting him from the cockpit with grunts.

As soon as he was out, Væmas started to drag him away from the crash site with a grunt, feeling her strength abandoning her by the minute. Suddenly, alarmed beeps from BD made her turn around, the little droid jumping on her shoulder. At the same time, the Force sent her a flaming warning.

She saw the fire spreading towards the fuel leaking from Cal's ship and her body acted before her brain. Outstretching her hands, she elevated Cal's body from the ground and pushed it as far from the wreckage as she could before racing away from it. The force of the explosion made her fly on a few feet before projecting her to the ground with a cry.

She rolled on her back, every muscle of her body aching. All she wanted was to lay here and never get back up, but the logical part of her brain knew she had to find shelter.

Come on, Eason. Get up.

"You all right, BD?" She asked, straightening on her elbows with a grunt, taking difficult breaths in. The little droid's hand emerged from the sand, followed by the rest of its body. BD snorted to get rid of the sand while Væmas sat — or more so collapsed — next to Cal and sighted deeply. BD jumped on her shoulder and beeped sadly, looking down at his friend.