𝐒𝐈𝐗 ⸺ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.

1333 local hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY).
Origin Tree, Kashyyyk.

⚡︎ ⁺. ◍ 。

  "𝓨OU ARE DONE hurting this world." Cal grunted, coming forward and igniting his lightsaber.

"And who is going so stop me?" The Ninth Sister sneered, rolling her large shoulders. "Two pathetic rats?"

"How about two Jedi?" Væmas retaliated, drawing her blaster as she advanced next to Cal.

The both of them exchanged a look and, without any words exchanged, the message was understood.

We are in this together.

The Inquisitor launched her first attack, making Væmas roll on her side to dodge. Taking advantage of the red lightsaber blocking Cal's, she fired in direction of her helmet, left defenseless. The Ninth Sister was forced to block the blasts, allowing Cal to strike low.

The blow just seemed to get her angrier. With an annoyed grunt, she used the Force to push Væmas back, who felt herself getting off the ground on a few meters before her back brutally hit something hard. She rolled to the ground, her vision blurring, vaguely hearing Cal yelling her name.

Gathering the bits of strength that she had left, Væmas managed to roll on her side, now able to observe the fight between Cal and the Inquisitor. He seemed in a bad posture, his concern for Væmas preventing him to focus completely. The Ninth Sister, on the other hand, was manifestly on top of her strength. She launched overpowering attacks and given her height and strength far superior to Cal's, he was handling it pretty well.

Væmas had never seen him in a lightsaber against lightsaber fight before, and she had to admit he was a gifted dueler. However, she could feel his resistance crumbling. Væmas was tired, so tired, and hated feeling powerless like this. Tears of angers fell off the corner of her eyes. Grinning her teeth, she put one hand on the ground, refusing to let go to the darkness. At this instant, she saw the Ninth Sister disarming Cal, his lightsaber landing a few meters away, and kicking him to the ground before lifting her lightsaber over her head to give the final blow.

And that's when Væmas' body reacted for herself. With a fierce cry, she jumped off the ground, reaching within the Force for Cal's lightsaber, which she ignited

Ninth Sister backed out, getting back in a defensive stance before her new opponent:

"Not bad, for a rat. Maybe I underestimated you."

Reassured by the familiar weight of the lightsaber in her left hand, even though it was not hers, Væmas twirled the blade around to get adjusted to the handle, readying her body in an attack position.

"My turn."

Instinctively remembering her training, she launched her first strike by leaping horizontally into the air, getting back in form IV, Ataru, the acrobatic fighting style she always had, recommended by her master after Væmas' natural agility.

That was, she was used to fight much bigger enemies than herself. During the Clone Wars, Væmas however mostly used Form III, Soresu, more practical for long and tiring battles. The last lightsaber duel she had dated back to her training with Master Plo; thus, she now had to dig deeper in her memories not to lose her balance.

Dodging, counterattacking, jumping, their fight lasted...Væmas could not tell how long. She was so deeply focused on the fight that everything else was fading away. Until suddenly, she discerned a weakness in her enemy's defense. Without hesitating, she swung the lightsaber and chopped off her right hand, disarming her at the same time. As the Inquisitor fell on one knee, Væmas pointed the lightsaber at her.