"The only thing I remember throughout the years," You joked as Zuko finally walked up to the camp.
"Listen everybody, I've got some pretty bad news. I've lost my stuff," He announced, and Toph raised her hands up.

"Don't look at me, I didn't touch your stuff," She argued, but Zuko shook his head.
"I'm talking about my firebending. It's gone," When he said that, Katara started to laugh making you shiver at the vibrations from where you laid.

"I'm sorry. I'm just laughing at the irony. You know, how it would've been nice for us if you lost your firebending a long time ago," Katara stifled a laugh as you slightly smiled.
"I mean, it's kinda funny," You mumbled, making Katara rub her fingers through your hair.

"Well, it's not lost. It's just... weaker for some reason," Zuko trailed off.
"Maybe you're not as good as you think you are," Katara mumbled, and you stuck your tongue out at that.

"I bet it's because I changed sides," Zuko declared.
"That's ridiculous," You pushed Katara's face with your hand, which made her drop her food.
"I don't know. Maybe it isn't. Maybe your firebending comes from rage and you just don't have enough anger to fuel it the way you used to," Aang suggested.

"Sooo, all we need to do is make Zuko angry. Easy enough," Sokka then poked Zuko on the sides while laughing, which made Zuko get irritated.
"Okay, cut it out!" He shouted, cursing Sokka to drop his stick
"Look, even if you're right, I don't want to rely on hate and anger anymore. There has to be another way," Zuko told everyone.

"I don't know Princey, I've been lavabending through guilt and shame and look at me, I'm doing fine!" You smiled, and everyone just stared at with with a sweat drop.
"Hun, no," Katara mumbled, and you just shrugged.

"You're gonna need to learn to draw your firebending from a different source. I recommend the original source," Toph suggested to him.
"How's he supposed to do that‌? By jumping into a volcano‌?" Sokka joked.

"No, Zuko needs to go back to whatever the original source of firebending is," Toph took a bite in her rice.
"So, is it jumping into a volcano?"
"That's for lavabenders Boomerang," You commented.
"I don't know. For earthbending, the original benders were badgermoles," She smiled.

"One day, when I was little, I ran away and hid in a cave. That's where I met them," She started as you looked up at her.
"They were blind, just like me, so we understood each other. I was able to learn earthbending, not just as a martial art, but as an extension of my senses," She explained while being fond of the memory.

"For them, the original earthbenders, it wasn't just about fighting. It was their way of interacting with the world,"
"That's amazing, Toph!" Aang said in awe.
"I learned from the monks, but the original airbenders were the sky bison. Maybe you can give me a lesson sometime, buddy," He smiled tapered Appa, who simply growled.

"Animals may be your origin benders, but lava is straight from the volcano," You grinned as you sat up.
"I had to trench down to every volcano out there in order how to fully gain control of my lava bending, each scar and burn I get is a symbol of me failing, but I finally mastered my sacred skill!" You beamed, which made Katara run her hand through your hair.

"Well, this doesn't help me. The original firebenders were the dragons, and they're extinct," Zuko sighed.
"What do you mean‌? Roku had a dragon, and there were plenty of dragons when I was a kid," Aang tilted his head.
"Well, they aren't around anymore, okay?" Zuko shouted.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Aang muttered.
"Well, what about learning from the ones who first learned Firebending? The ancient Sun Warriors," You told them, and Zuko's eyes lit up.
"(Y/N), you're a genius!" He beamed.
"Sun Warriors? Well, I know they weren't around when I was a kid," Aang commented.

"No, they died off thousands of years ago," You replied, which made him deflate a little.
"But their civilization wasn't too far from where we are now. Maybe we can learn something by poking around their ruins," Zuko suggested

"It's like the monks used to tell me. Sometimes, the shadows of the past can be felt by the present," Aang shrugged while smiling.
"So, what? Maybe you'll pick up some super old Sun Warrior energy just by standing where they stood a thousand years ago?" Sokka raised an eyebrow.

"More or less. Either I find a new way to firebend, or the Avatar has to find a new teacher,"
"I wanna go too," You sat up.
"No (Y/N), it might be dangerous," Zuko turned you down quickly.

"The only time I agree with him, I don't want you to go. What if you face your brother again? We lost you once, we're not going to lose you again," Katara stood up and placed her hands on your shoulders.

"Aw, come on! Loud Mouth is capable of kicking butt!" Toph argued with Katara with a grin.
"I'm conflicted about letting our girlfriend on this trip, especially with jerkbender," Sokka pointed at Zuko, who growled.

"Water girl, I'm fine. Aang with be there in case anything happens. Plus, I was taught how to immobilize opponents by Ty Lee, I'll be fine," You kissed Katara on the lips and gave her a smile, which she hesitated, but nodded.
"As long as you're by Aang at all times," She smiled and kissed you again.

"Hey! Where's my kiss, Loud Mouth?"

"Yeah! Katara, stop hogging her!"
____________________________________

I got fanart from -R3VENGE

And from ArtsyFartC

Stay healthy and stay tune!