Chapter 88: Perfect Match

En başından başla

"No," she mumbled quietly. She was crying.

"Show me your face. I want to look at you," I spoke softly.

"Do I have to?" she replied quietly. She sounded cute and in my head, I could see a cute pout on her lips as she said so. That made me smile.

"Yes. You have to," I murmured, kissing her temples. Kyra slowly pulled away from me and she sat up, facing me. She had tears in her eyes and a few had fallen down her cheeks. I wiped them away using my thumbs.

"And why is my beautiful princess crying when we're supposed to be celebrating?" I asked her, taking both of her warm hands into mine. I planted sweet kisses on both of them and looked up at her.

"I don't know," she mumbled, looking at our hands. "Tears of relief if there's anything of that sort I guess."

"You don't have to hide your feelings from me, you know. It's okay to cry if you feel like it. We all express joy and relief in different ways."

"Does that mean I can bawl my eyes out and you'll still be okay with it?"

"Hmmm... It makes me uncomfortable and sad because I hate seeing tears in your eyes, but I can endure it if it makes you feel better."

Kyra chuckled "I'm just kidding. I just feel a little emotional, but I'll be fine."

"I know just how to make you feel better," I said, pulling her into a warm and tight hug. She moaned lightly, wrapping her arms around me tightly. It was a warm and heartfelt hug that made me feel at home.

"Much better," she murmured, breathing into my neck. I brushed her long silky hair with my fingers, inhaling her delicious scent. Even I felt much better.

"Congratulations, honey. You were amazing out there and I'm proud of the way you've been strong and resilient. We're free. Hopefully, it's forever."

"Thank you for supporting me, Jay."

We pulled away from each other, smiling. Finally, she had that glow back in her eyes and the relief and happiness I wanted to see. Tight hugs in each other's arms always worked. After everything, she deserved to be happy. She earned it.

"You don't have to worry about that imbecile. He's out of our lives for good and justice has been served," I assured Kyra, holding her close to me.

"He's gonna be in his fifties when he gets out of there if he gets parole after serving twenty-five years. That's too bad. Such a good life wasted because of desire to revenge and protect his ego."

"Don't tell me you feel bad for him after everything he's done to us."

Kyra looked up at me and pecked my lips. "Well, had he not decided to temper with your precious life, I'd have felt a little bad for him. Unfortunately, he crossed all the limits and I don't feel anything for him."

"He also put his dirty hands on your body and tried to do something despicable. He doesn't deserve any sort of mercy. I hope he rots in prison. Anyone who hurts you hurts me too. Let him face the music."

Kyra sat back in her seat, taking a deep breath with a big smile on her face. "You know what? You're right. I don't care about him and whatever he got, he deserves. This is our moment and we should embrace it. We're finally free, baby. We can finally have our kids peacefully and grow a big family without worrying about threats like those assholes."

"That's the spirit, honey. We can finally sleep in peace and not worry about anything or anyone. This is the part when we live our lives to the fullest, my love."

"You can say that again. And how are we celebrating our freedom today?" she asked me cocking an eyebrow. "Do you have anything fun in mind other than getting drunk on wine and partying alone at home?"