EYES ON ICE - 27

XXVII

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

XXVII. Day 2 - The Italian Legend (U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, ISU Challenger Series Part IX)

Mavi was walking back and forth inside France and Dravie's hotel room. He was clutching the sleeve of their team jacket while sighing from time to time. From the looks of it, he was obviously nervous. And it wasn't because the short program segment was just hours away or because he was having a hard time in trying to set a calm state of mind. It was something bothersome but important. He, of all people, was well aware of that.

"So.. ano ang naisipan mo at gusto mong umamin?" France, who was tying the lace of his shoes, asked. The confused and worried look about what came into his friend's mind wasn't something new though it wasn't like he showed that more often. "Sana ay mayroon ka nang lakas ng loob. Dahil kung wala pa ay baka mabatukan lang kita."

"I.. figured that confessing after a competition sounds romantic," Mavi answered seriously. "Hindi ba't ganoon sa mga movies at novels? Magco-confess ang isa pagkatapos ng importanteng laro o palabas. Ideal siya kasi kahit matalo o manalo, love will save it all."

France unbelievably stared at Mavi. He then took a deep breath and stretched his arms out. For a moment or two, he glanced at his phone to check the time and later on said, "The past few months.. lagi kang in denial sa feelings mo kahit obvious naman na may gusto ka kay Jess. Napapansin kaya naming lahat. Tapos ngayon ay darating ka para sabihin na gusto mo nang umamin. I'm not doubting what you feel pero pag-isipan mo muna nang mabuti. Hindi ka naman siguro nagmamadali."

Those words hit Mavi. He was definitely turning a blind eye on his actions but it's not like he realized that too soon. Of course, he had always acted that he didn't like her but he thought that he had already given assurance. France said that he was obvious, after all. He's aware that what's going on between them was kind of complicated but there's no way that Jess didn't see his feelings for her, even for just a single time.

"Do you think I'm a pushover?" France's knitted eyebrows showed that he's a bit baffled. "I've just realized recently that I can't be the only man in her life. Kahit ayaw ko ay wala akong magagawa kung may magkakagusto sa kaniyang iba. Natatakot akong matalo kahit hindi pa siguradong may laban, that's why I want to confess first.. in case something happens. That won't give me certainty but at least.. there's a chance that my feelings will be reciprocated," Mavi answered.

He sounded desperate. The way he played with his fingers made him look hopeless. There's more to what Mavi was feeling than that, though.

France stared at Mavi for a second and sighed. "Okay. I mean, I had no say on it. You're going to confess, after all. Ilang taon mo ring tinatago 'yan kaya hindi kita masisisi," he said and smiled after. "Isa pa ay wala na naman akong magagawa kung mutual ang feelings niyo. I'm not the type to ruin other people's relationships, you know."

"France..."

"Don't think of thanking me. Wala pa akong ginagawa. Go and tell her what you feel. If you plan on getting in a relationship with her, I don't mind, as long as you both agree with it," France uttered as Mavi flashed a genuine smile.