The Truth

-He is... trying to tell me something. - You think out loud, now more hopeful. You take your phone and call Alex.

-Hey, Y/n! How are you? - He asks.

-I'm good. I need your help. - You say quickly.

-My help? Uhm... Okay. If I can really help. - He says, confused.

-Okay, listen to me carefully. - You say and he pays attention. - You are one of the few people I trust. I know you trust Johnny too. I am looking for him, but nobody can know about that. - You say and he agrees. - I need the records of the airport cameras. I want to know who got his car and parked it here. Can you do that for me? - You say and he sighs deeply, leaning on his chair.

-It's gonna be hard, but I can do that. - He says.

-Perfect. - You say.

            You wait some minutes for Alex. You are feeling anxious. Suddenly, you hear a police siren. You turn around and the car parks next to you. The cops get out of the car, walking towards you.

-Agent Y/n, I have to ask you to leave the criminal scene now, please. - The cop says.

-Criminal scene? What are you talking about? - You say.

-We knew some minutes ago that Johnny's car was here and since he is wanted, it's now crime evidence. Please, let us do our work. - He says and you scoff. ''Did Alex tell them?'' You think.

            You get in your car and punch the wheel. You are angry. They are clearly already considering him guilty without true evidence. Sighing and leaning on your seat, you feel your phone vibrating. It's Alex. You answer it fast.

-Alex! I trusted you! Why did you tell them? - You ask, sad and angry at the same time.

-What? What are you talking about? I didn't tell anyone. I'm calling back to tell you what I saw in the cameras. - He says and you get confused. ''If he didn't tell anyone... But the only people who knows I'm here is Alex and... Evelyn?'' You think.

-No problem. I already know who told them. Sorry, Alex. - You say.

-Be careful, Y/n. But anyway, I saw that it was not Johnny who left the car there. It was another guy. I don't know him. - He says and you widen your eyes.

-Thank you, Alex. Let's keep it as a secret. - You say.

-Okay. I'm gonna keep searching for new clues and call you if something happens. – He says and you thank him.

            Coming back to the resort, you sit on the bed thinking. ''Why did Evelyn tell them?'' You ask yourself. You decide to call her.

-Hey, Y/n! - She answers.

-Why did you tell them? - You say, going straight to the point. Evelyn stays in silent for some seconds.

-Sorry, Y/n... I thought that you could end up hurting yourself because of that investigation. - She says, worried.

-I know how to take care of myself, Evelyn. - You say, angry.

-I know, I know. It was my fault. I should have talked to you first. But please, stop with that. I'm worried! After all we heard yesterday, I don't trust Johnny anymore. Besides that, you will get in trouble with the company if they find out you are investigating alone. Let it with them. They are gonna find Johnny, okay? - She says.

-Okay. I'm gonna stop now. - You lie. Saying goodbye to her, you hang up.

            Even though you know Evelyn is worried about you and that your heart is aching from have listened to everything that woman said about Johnny, you are still a bit unsure about this story. ''What if...'' You think and stand up from the bed. Taking your laptop, you log on the company's program. You search for files which contain the last missions.