Hands

Jasmine's PoV

"You guys disgust me." Hwasa mocks as she enters the living room, seeing Jimin and I lounging carelessly on the couch.

Jimin types away on his phone, a big smile adoring his face, making his eyes disappear over his cheekbones. He lets out small giggles at every ping sound his phone makes when receiving a text message. He's obviously talking to Solar, and he is beyond smitten.

On the other side of the couch, I lay with my legs tucked underneath my bottom, and a drawing pad on the top of my thighs, doing the only thing I could focus on these last few days: Drawing Kim Taehyung. Drawing his eyes, his mouth, his hands. Oh God, his hands.

Every since his confession a few days ago, my heart started to blossom with affection and my mind slowly became occupied with thoughts of him

My nightmares aren't completely gone, but at the end of each one I see Taehyung. The simple image of his smiling face manages to calm my nerves down, and helps me wake from my unwanted dreams. I feel more ... settled. More in control. I even cut down on my medication dosage as I don't seem to need it anymore.

Hope. That's what he makes me feel. And happy. He makes me feel happy.

I wonder when was the last time my heart felt so full. Was it when I discovered that Moon had a real talent in painting just like myself, even though she's adopted? Or maybe when Namjoon danced with us in the rain that afternoon? Hm.

Namjoon.

I still think about him now and then, and he still visits me in my dreams. I know I still love him and a part of me will always be his. I wonder why he did what he did. I will never not wonder.
But as the days go by, I notice that I forgot how to paint him. His face is getting blurrier in my mind. I can't remember how to draw his eyes, or his mouth or his dimples. I can't do it properly anymore, so I gave up trying to paint my own dreams.

Instead, I'll paint my reality.

"Oh, shut up!" I reply jokingly while Jimin stays oblivious. He just rolls on his front, swinging his feet in the air like a teenager.

"It's bad enough I need to deal with Jimin's honey moon phase, but now you're starting to space out as well?" She scolds us, before moving closer to my side. "Honestly, the boy can't concentrate on anything. He has developed this sort of stupid selective hearing." She leans down to whisper in my ear while we both eye him.

"Hey! Who you calling a boy? I'm a man, Hwasa." Jimin finally lifts his gaze from the screen.

"See what I mean?"

"Cut him some slack. The boy is.."

"Ahem!" Jimin clears his throat loudly.

"... I mean the MAN is happy." I correct myself.  "I find it endearing. He's in love." I smile as I pronounce the word, my eyes still on the sketch in front of me. I can't seem to get his knuckles quite right.