Chapter: 56

Andrea was waiting in Garren’s lab, waiting for him to return from the bakery with her raspberry boba tea. A drink she began to get addicted to. She shot another arrow into the Roal.

She heard the door open, it wasn’t Garren. From the footsteps, Andrea knew. She immediately his behind the desk and peered over.

Lauranda entered walking over to a table and glancing around. She spotted something from the table, it seemed like a blue pen drive. Before looking at both sides she placed it in her pocket as she was about to exit the Roal hovered in front of her.

Lauranda turned away from the door.

“The Roal is incapable of working unless someone is holding the bow and is a few feet close.”

She then exited.

Andrea stood up.

What was it that she stole?

Garren returned a few minutes later, he didn’t have any raspberry boba with him, but a limp Aurella which he dragged in the lab.

“ What on earth?”

Gently he placed her on the floor, her eyes were wide open which sent shivers down her spine.

“What happened?”

“We were visiting dad, he showed us a picture he recently got framed, it was you, a picture of you,  and then she pulled out her thrusters all of a sudden and... shot a few bullets at it, I turned her off... I...” Garren’s voice was thick and stained. “ don’t say I told you so, she would never do this kind of thing, someone must’ve done some bullshit to her. I know it,”

Andrea kneeled beside him, “ can you fix her?”

“There's nothing I can’t fix, I can fix her,”  he stood up and began rummaging through his tools.

“ Lauranda came,”

“What did she say?” Garren mused examining a few screws.

“She didn't see me,”

“why?”

“because I was not in her sight of view,”

“you mean you were hiding,?”

“I don’t like that term it sounds cowardly,”

“and why were you not in her sight of view,”

“I  don’t trust her,”

“it’s funny coming from you since you told her almost all of your experience at...your previous location,”

Rolling her eyes Andrea placed her hands in the pockets of her slacks.

“I only told her all that so she would avoid me out of fear,”

Garren laughed at her words.

Andrea looked down at the robot, it blinked and smiled before the light in her eyes dimmed. She stood up backing away.

“she took something from your junkyard”

He grimaced at her, “it’s not a junkyard, it’s an .....organized chaos, what did she take?”

“A pen drive, I think,”

Garren froze his movements, “which colour was it?”

“Blue"

“ That was the one that contained the data of our plan to Helker,”

“ I told you! I told you she was the spy!”

“no..” Garren shook his head frantically.