Chapter: 4

Andrea's heart hammered in her chest, she looked back to see both the boys exit the café. 

"Don't look, don't let them see your face, my teleporter is still charging" he rummaged through the pocket of his coat and pulled out a face mask and a mini GPS tracker "Here put this on, put this in your pocket so I can track you and run, I'll hold them off"

"But-" before she could protest, he mumbled "good luck" and disappeared into the crowds of people. She pulled on the mask and put the device in her slack's pocket. She started to feel claustrophobic and glance around, her face showing no emotion like always.

 She trusted no one but suspected everyone. 

Scanning the crowd she spotted them. She turned around and rushed forward. 

She kept glancing back, to see the boy still following her, his face was shadowed by his hood, even if his face was visible she wouldn't be able to recognize him, but she will be able to memorize it.

 Adrenaline dashed through her body.  She inspected her surroundings, a building under renovation caught her eye, knowing it was unstable she ran towards the building and entered it.

 She was greeted with the aroma of tear gas and burnt toast.

 The windows were stained with dirt, the walls were ragged and riddled with holes, the wires hung from the ceilings. Iron rods and cement bags were stationed at the corners.

 It was so silent Andrea could hear her lungs intake air and exhale. 

Her footsteps echoed through the building as she walked further into it. 

Peeking back to see if the Divinus followed her in, even if he did she would've been aware of his presence.

"You pigs are cowards aren't you" a disembodied voice boomed. 

She stared at a figure standing near the staircase. 

Andrea silently took out her Glock 26 aimed at it and pulled the trigger, before the bullet could strike him, he turned into the dust of black smoke. She stood there in utter confusion.

She missed.

Did she miss it?

She never misses.

That wasn't teleportation, well at least not the kind she's been used to, maybe it was the teleportation gadgets, just like the ones they used in training sessions. 

She walked up the rusty staircase expecting he'd be there and he was. 

The two stood facing each other, eyes never leaving each other. 

They waited with battered breath as if on cue they lunged at each other. She aimed the barrel of her gun to his neck, as she was about to attack the evaporated into dust. 

Again!

She rushed downstairs and spun around waiting for him to make an appearance.

 As she turned around to go up the stairs she was met with him, his arm reeled back punching her on the nose. Her head flung back, her eyes started to water.

 Clutching the nose clip of her mask she stumbled back, the familiar copper tang taste flavoured her mouth.

 She steadied herself and hurtled towards him, somewhat aware of what he is capable of, targeting his hooded face.

She missed. 

Again.

She picked up an iron rod and gripped it tight. As he appeared, she ran and slid down on her knees and slammed the iron rod against his calf. 

She dropped the iron rod and stood up and her fist met his jaw. 

He stumbled back, his back meeting the wall.

 She pulled down his hood revealing his black tousled hair and crimson eyes which were murderously glaring into her's. Both of them memorized every visible feature of each other's faces.

 She thwacked his stomach with her knee. His eyebrows furrowed, which Andrea noticed that the left one had a scar.

"Your so-called goddess.." Andrea paused, waiting for what she presumed were his last words. "Marcela is a crazy old brute"

Without thinking she vigorously began to punch his face. 

Black mist swirled around his hand shaping a dagger, but Andrea took no notice of this. Hastily he looked down to aim at her stomach. 

But that was the mistake he made. 

He's looking down rang a bell in Andrea's head.

 She held his wrist and twisted it, causing him to hiss in pain. She tried to grab the dagger from his hand but it condensed into smoke when she touched it. Then it all struck her like lightning.

Umbrakinesis.

Manipulating shadows.