Chapter: 38

Her eyes opened, the day had dawned crisp and clear. The sun poured through the window, the light of dawn seeped into her room. 

The heavy feeling of grogginess weighed her down. She felt tired, in pain, a little disoriented, and not quite fully ready to continue the day.

She sat up rubbing her eyes, and looked around. 

She was in her room.

The door unlocked and Helen entered the room with a glass of water and cookies.

"Hello, how are you feeling?" She placed trays down and rubbed Andrea's shoulders.

"Could you turn around?" Andrea sat up and sat back down on her stomach. When she did it felt and invisible force was heavily weighing down on her back.

Helen began pressing the heel of her palm on her back.

"Luckily you didn't break a bone, but you did dislocate your shoulder. It's fine now. I wouldn't say the same thing for Atlas, he broke two rib and dislocated his shoulder"

She pushed her palm all the way up her spine, emitting cracking sounds similar to velcro.

"You need to start exercising Andrea, now get up"

Groaning Andrea got up from the bed and rubbed her neck.

"Cookie?" She asked, offering her one, which she accepted without hesitation.

"You're brother is very worried about you,"

Andrea hummed as she gulped the food and drank the water.

There was a knock on the door as it opened and Garren's head peeked in.

"Come in, come in. She's fine now. I would really recommend that her training starts as soon as possible,"

"Yes it will start on tomorrow morning, thank you Mrs Thomson,"

"I'm glad I could help, take care both of you,"

"Are you going to tell my father?"

Helen raised a brow, "Even if I did tell him, how would it benefit me? Don't worry my lips are shut tight," she ran her fingers across her lips priming that she zipped it.

She waved before leaving.

"How are you feeling?" Garren asked as he sat beside her.

"I've felt better,"

"Callista and Sally were really worried about you, even the Harper twins. You know them?"

"I encountered them at breakfast today. They're Nathan and Jordan, right?," she munched on another cookie.

"Yeah, Aerokinesis and Geokinesis. Don't .. you know get too .. they cause a lot of trouble, just.."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Even if you did something wrong, like breaking a vase, stealing cookies, pranking someone, just don't get caught,"

"That's not the kind of advice you're supposed to give, you are aware of that, right?"

"What advice?"

"The advice you gave a few seconds ago,"

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

Andrea nodded to herself knowing what he meant, the corners of her lips tilting a little.

He cleared his throat and dug something out of his pockets, it was a microchip, with his signature 'G' on it.

"This ….belongs to me. It was planted in your disk, inflicting it to malfunction. I have no idea how it got in there. I never carry these kinds of gadgets with me…."

"Then who planted it?" Andrea asked nonchalantly as she finished eating the last cookie.

"Usually Aurella carries these around," there was a sad frown on his face, "she would never do anything like this, I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding. There must be an explanation to this, I.. Andrea you know I would never purposely do anything like this"

How would she know?

She hasn't spent more than a week with this man. Yet he expects her to know his core intentions.

"I don't know,"

"Are you saying I planted it?"

"I never said that. It might've been a mistake or an accident,"

"Yeah, an accident. A mistake," he mused to himself almost doubtfully.

He stood up clearing his throat, "let's go, your suit is done."

As they walked out of the room Andrea was engulfed in a packed hug making her sneer.

"Are you okay?" Callista pulled away, craning her head to the right then to the left to see any injuries. 

"That was a long drop, lucky for you Auster was at the wrong place at the right time," Sally commented.

"Let's go Andrea we're gonna be late," she heard Garren yell from near the elevator.

Both Callista and Sally gave her one more hug before they let her leave.

"See you at the meeting, eight pm. Sharp!"