Chapter: 50

"The six of you went inside the utility warehouse, in the middle of the night!" Garren yelled at them as he went through the boxes. 

They walked into his lab and dialled his number. He didn't pick up so they went to their house and snuck through the window scaring the life out of him.

"Hey, are you sleeping?"

"No! I'm rehearsing for my funeral, you prick!"

They had to drive to the lab with him lecturing them about how stealing is bad and they could've gotten a weekly suspension or even longer because they knocked out a bulky security guard. 

"Do you know how much trouble you could get yourselves into if Bradford found out?! I would be held accountable for your idiotic actions! If they catch us right now you're going to tell them you stole these and I was driving back to return them!"

"Got it?!"

"Yes.." the six of them chimed quietly, glancing at each other, trying to get rid of the urge to burst into laughter at his anger and his pink pyjama shorts with strawberries on them. And his curled hair.

"Great. Now I sound like dad," he grumbled to himself.

They all knew he wasn't angry because they stole, but because they woke him up from his once in three days sleep.

He rubbed his temple vigorously and stared at them with his droopy eyes. 

"I'll take care of this tomorrow morning. Go to your rooms. Now!"

They didn't move a muscle waiting for one of them to tell him.

"The Virdis tower is kinda faraway…" Callista said, looking down not meeting his livid glare.

"Could you drop us there?… Please.." the twins asked.

Garren was seething, his chest was heaving. "No! You walk yourselves there!"

"But we're so tired..please" Callista whined pouting.

Garden sighed, "I'm only doing this for Andrea!" He didn't mean a single word.

"Oh please, she also was in this heist!" 

"So you're admitting that you did indeed steal,"

"When did we say we didn't?!" Sally scolded back.

"Just go wait in the car! The sight of you all is giving me a throbbing headache!"

They all left the lab except Andrea.

"Go wait in the car," he repeated.

"I need to tell you something,"

"Can you tell me in the morning, I'm very tired," he shut the box, poured himself a cup of coffee and chugged it all down.

"It's about Aurella" that snatched his notoriety.

"What about her?"

"She was at the utility warehouse,"

"That's impossible, I don't remember sending her there, I never asked her to go there, she's charging right now,"

"She was there and she tried to kill me!"

"Aurella would never do that. She isn't programmed to kill or hurt people,"

"There's a.. spy in Divinus, it's a she-"

"You know if you think it's Aurella, that's foolish. Even I know it's ridiculous when I hadn't slept for two days," he refilled his cup with coffee.

"I'm not saying it's Aurella, I think Aurella could be working for some-"

"No! She'd never do that! I know that because I created her! She'd never go against my words! She doesn't do anything for anyone, even if she did it would only be because I told her to!"

"She was there, talking to someone,"

"Who?"

"I couldn't see their face, it was hidden. They.." Andrea trailed off. 

"She's planning to go to Helker,"

"Exactly, it's all going according to plan. Remember to keep an eye on her, she's still here. Find her,"

If she told him what they were talking about, she knew he wouldn't send her to Helker, she knew he would return the items and never speak of going there ever again. 

He would never blame Aurella for anything, he wasn't believing a word she said anyways. Did they expect her to go to Helker? How would they even know?

"They what?"

"Nothing, let's just go, I'm tired."