34: Awaken The Beast

The two Commandments prepared for battle, ready to take down the Sins by whatever means necessary

The two Commandments prepared for battle, ready to take down the Sins by whatever means necessary. Derieri was gritting her teeth, eager to be rid of the group for good. They were the one thing standing between the demons and their takeover.

"Hey, Escanor, are you sure you can handle your friends?" She asked with a twisted smirk.

The man stayed silent as he studied the strange group before him. Their tears and shocked expressions puzzled him.

"Escanor!" Hawk cried out.

"Let's get this over with." Derieri leapt into the air and swung her arm at Ban, knocking him away and pursuing after. Her arms moved fast as she went in on the human, each attack becoming heavier than the last. Derieri's special ability never failed, and despite being immortal, even Ban wouldn't be able to withstand many of her blows. Let alone would he be able to launch a counterattack.

"Ban!" King tried to help him.

"No, don't!" Ban managed to get out, but it was too late and King was zipping towards them.

Derieri grinned from ear to ear, still attacking Ban. As the fairy approached, she wound her arm back awaiting the perfect moment to strike. King went flying like a rag doll having been smacked into the distance. The demon zoomed off after him, going hit for hit and having so much fun taking out her anger and frustrations on the Sins. It was therapeutic in a way, being able to completely demolish her foes. Without Meliodas, they didn't stand a chance.

From behind, Diane swung Gideon only for vines to hold her back. Expressionlessly, Gloxinia made eye contact, his hand reaching out to make the vines keep the giant at bay.

Don't disappoint me. Obsidian had put Gloxinia in a tough spot. This entire invasion on Camelot had put him in a compromising position. He was unsure whether to stay or go. He had given Obsidian his word, but yet, the look of hurt on Diane's face said it all. She felt betrayed. After all, they'd had a heart to heart, yet Gloxinia still remained with the demons.

Gloxinia's ears droopped, so he turned away. "Sorry, but it's just business. Don't take it personally." He flew off to deal with the rest of her friends. He would try to make it as painless as possible, but he couldn't make any promises.

Gilthunder and Hawk came for the fairy next and he waved his hand, casting more vines to restrain them. He had to agree with Derieri that their persistence was rather irritating.

"Hey! Let us go!" Hawk demanded.

"You are hardly in a position to be making demands, Captain of Scraps." Gloxinia put a hand on his hip. "Just... be quiet and stay there, alright?"

Gilthunder was surprised that Gloxinia wasn't actively trying to fight them. As opposed to Derieri, who was happily engaging with the Sins, and Escanor who was just doing his duty to Obsidian, Gloxinia refused to engage. He almost seemed... hesitant.