17

it was past 4 pm already, and there was still no sign of suna. music at an astronomic volume droning through your headphones, you leaned back in your seat and looked at the ceiling. your stomach had been growling from hunger for a while now, but you'd wanted to wait for him decently.

eno used to be late all the time, which made you not try to be punctual anymore. but you didn't know suna good enough to be late in case he wouldn't be. it was pure decency causing you to be here since 3:58 pm. and causing you to wait since then.

„we love a punctual asshole" you mumbled, getting up from your chair, occupying it with the bag full of his clothes, and lined up for ordering.

„what can i get for you?" the man asked, pushing the previous sandwich to his colleague for him to grill it. you ordered a foot long bread and told him your toppings. he put everything on the bread and waved you on to his colleague.

meeting a woman at the till, you pulled out your subway card to get a discount. „one {order}. and i got the card." she nodded. waiting for her to take your money, someone approached you from the costumers side. and he got very - almost uncomfortably - close. looking up at the male, you squinted.

„i'll take that. and the next sandwich. and a rainbow cookie please." he pointed at the next sandwich in line whose toppings looked similar to yours. grabbing your sandwich, you headed for your table without another word.

„i was thinking about leaving, you know?" you said, looking at him from below as he took the seat opposite from you. suna scratched his neck, tossing his sandwich on the table.

„sorry. i texted you. i overslept." you attentively listened to his excuses while carefully unwrapping your sandwich. „hmm" you hummed unconvinced, pulling out your phone when done.

4 new messages from rinnie 🥵
( yo, i'll be late )
( wait for me )
( i overslept )
( i'll be there in 10 )

„oh" your formed with your lips.
„yeah, oh."
„what do you mean „yeah, oh"? don't be so bitchy. you were late."
„i said sorry."
„yeah, i know. still. not very gentlemanlike."
„never said i was a gentleman."
„obviously." you snorted.

he stared at you. „what?" you mumbled, mouth filled with a bite of your food. he knitted his eyebrows together and looked at you as if there was something in your face.

„what?" your repeated, about to lift your hand to brush over your mouth in case you had some food there. „nothing" he said, and began to eat as well.

you watched him closely and analyzed his features again.

he was as beautiful as a boy could be, handsome and attractive. his narrow eyes had something that you couldn't put in words. as if you could feel the sensation of his lips on yours once again, you ran your tongue over your lips.

to shake off the thought you leaned back and examined the ceiling again, now the features of his face being projected to the white surface as if burned into your inner eye. you closed your eyes, but he was still there.

„you alright?"

you leaned forward again. „hm?"

„are you okay?" he repeated, emphasizing it as if you were stupid: slow and monosyllabic. you frowned. „yeah." you crumpled up the paper of your sandwich and reached for the bag on the floor.